Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome back from Wikimania 2017!
revi. Member of Wikimedians of Korea.
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Wikiconference Seoul 2017 - Will give a talk about Wikimania experience (I had a presentation after attending Wikimania 2016 at my expense, so kind of continued from 2016 presentation), but note that event is scheduled 14th of October and I don't have any video to upload as of the time I submit the report (2017-09-20 KST). I will talk with other Korean participants participated under Wikimedians of Korea expense, about what we learned during the event and what we felt.
- Post-event update: The conference team had some issue with their video and I was told video was not recorded. There is a picture however: 1. The one sitting in the middle is me.
- Met lots of people varying from WMF Staff, developers, stewards, and community member I would never met if I wasn't at Wikimania; however no photos because 1. I forgot to take photos 2. I usually avoid taking selfies.
- Had a quick talk with Neil P. Quinn about New Editor Experiences conducted last May, and discussed about the research and Korean Wikipedia's general opinion towards WMF/themselves/outside Wikipedia world. This led me working with the WMF.
- During Hackathon, discussed bit about ORES support with Aaron Halfaker. ORES support in New Filters for Edit Review is wanted features for Korean Wikipedia as community believes it will help combating vandalism.
- Youtube/Commons video pending event.