Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome back from Wikimania 2019!
- I wrote about Wikimania2019 in Wikimedia Armenia blog
- Interwiki Women 3 got enlarged due to Wikimania 2019. New communities and user groups came to join us because I and Camelia Boban had a talk at Diverity Space about the collaboration entitled Interwiki Women Collaboration, a cross-wiki global campaign. We continue to work on the collaboration after the Wikimania 2019 and some results can be found here
- I had the chance to paticipate in WikiGap meeting in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sweden and talked to Lina Eidmark to have a WikiGap event in Armenia in collaboration with Swedish Embassy in Yerevan.
- During preconferance days I took part at GLAM coordinators meeting where I presented the work I implemented with the Cultural Institutions in Armenia and had the chance to listen and discuss the issues the communities face during their work.
- I got inspired from the talk Radio to illustrate Wikipedia. Creative examples already put in practice and got the idea to run some radio talk or program about Wikipedia and will discuss this with my home wiki.
- Each Wikimania I participate gives me new ideas to start something new. After the talk Let's Talk about Campaigns and Contests by Alex Stinson, Satdeep Gill, I made up my mind to start a new partnership I have long thought about. So I prepared a letter to Armenian Patriarch of Jerusalem Patriarch Nourhan Manougian asking his permission to use Patriarchal archive of Armenian Patriarchate of Jerusalem and have a project with them in Wikipedia and in sister projects. I can tell the results later, when I have the response.
- I had chance to get the handbags for Armenian editors who participated in Art+Feminism from Richard Knipel and thanked him for interesting contests he organizes during the year.
- I enjoyed WikiWomen lunch during which I could talk to some women and asked them to bring their communities and participation in InterWiki Women Collaboration. Met old and new Wikimeidans, got nice tips from Lodewijk Gelauff how to involve professional photographers in Wiki Loves Monuments worldwide photographic competition asking them to give wikimedia commons not their best photo but the 2nd, 3rd good photo.
- Enjoyed the talk to Sandra Fauconnier for having some online or printed manuals about Structured Data on Commons, especially for the newcomers.
- Inspired from Interwiki Women Collaboration talk Lese Rättin, Iva Geduldig are now coordinators for their home communities working on InterWiki Women.
- During different sessions I shared photos of the lectures, workshops, discussions I participated in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- I took some photos of Wikimania 2019 which I uploaded into wikimedia commonsː Wikimania 2019 by ArmAg
- It has become a tradition for me to devote my #100wikidays to the Wikimania hosting country, so Sweden is not an exception and here is the link for after wikimania #100wikidays
- Wikimania gives each participant a unique opportunity to take photos of the cultural herigaes of the hosting country and share them during Wiki Loves Monument. So I still have some photos about Sweden heritage to upload into commons.
Thank you Wikimedia Foundation for appreciating my work done during the year and granting me the opportunity to be part of Wikimania2019 and enjoy every moment of it.