Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
dewiki, enwiki, commonswiki, wikivoyage-de
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- I had the opportunity to share and discuss the expansion of a successful running project on Wiki-Workshops in Middle- and Easter-Europe (). Among them were Community members, educators and the great people of the Education Dept. There I learned that with some I might stay in contact, though our ways to reach our common goal of new content and editors are probably to different. Very helpful were the talks with representatives of chapters in Middle and Eastern Europe on the same matter, which showed their interest in the project and resulted in confirming their intent to support the project throgh advisory and mentoring. I appreciate that so many people feedbacked the project in such a rapid, constructive and supportive manner.
- The results of these encounters will be subject of discussions and conference talks with the community of Wikivoyage especially at the WikiCon. Both, discussions and talks, are yet to come.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Beside the support of pictures and some edits on their connected articles still afterwards (see below) I have learned the use of the translation tool and translated 3 articles from en to de. I will continue to use the tool.
My main focus was Education and I took part at the Pre-Conference, where I met and discussed with the other participants. Beside them and among many others, I met the following Wikimanians closer:
- AKoval (WMF)
- Beat Estermann
- Christian Rickerts (WMDE)
- Danny B.
- Gereon K.
- Jan Apel (WMDE)
- Jens Lallensack
- Marcus Cyron
- Nicole Ebber (WMDE)
- Rdicerb (WMF)
- Sebastian Sooth (WMDE)
- Sebastian Wallroth
- Siko Bouterse (WMF)
- Toter Alter Mann
- Veronika Krämer (WMDE)
- WS ReNu
Due to the travel support by the Wikimedia Foundation and a camera-equipment support by Wikimedia Deutschland I have been enabled to make extensive photos in the following locations:
- Houston, Texas
- Aerials of Belize
- San Ignacio, Belize
- Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve, Belize
- Belize City, Belize
- Mexico City, Mexico
Of course, there are photos of the Wikimania too :) .
The whole amount of photos made during the 12 days summarizes about 7000 pieces. After sorting, selecting, editing and uploading I expect the outcome will sum up to pictures of round about 700 to 1000 different subjects, many of them up to now the first of their kind or way better than the current stock.
First approx. 200 of these are already uploaded, they can be found for example on c:Category:Files by Denis Barthel/Belize, the rest is still to come in the next days.