Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
It's my first Wikimania, met plenty of global users and made some memorable connections.
- In Tamil Wiki community
I met plenty of users and volunteers from various global community. Got few requests from fellow Wiki-medians.
- Templates Creation for RTL (Right to Left Languages)
- Learnt the RTL template creation process from Eran Roz
- Created first template for RTL (Western Punjabi Wikipedia)
- Content Translation Feedback
- Created few articles using content translation feature in Tamil (ta:தொரசு தே செரானோசு, ta:பயேலா)
- Provided live feedback
- Understood the process of creating Phabricator Task
- Created few tasks (T105960, T105954) with the help of Pginer
- Mobile Design Feedback
- Provided the feedback with the list of features required
- Reported some bugs in direct with video
- Noted down few links which needs to be translated for Tamil
- Eastern and Western Punjabi Transliteration from Satdeep Gill
- Found some tool (Azhagi.com) to perform Reverse Transliteration (Tamil -> English and English -> Tamil)
- Need to workout the same replica for Eastern -> English (optional) -> Western and Vice versa
- Am in progress of making a POC to achieve this
- Predictive Text feature for Tamil from Thamizhpparithi Maari
- Learnt few techniques from Language Engineering Team (Santosh, Kartik, Runa)
- Got the jQuery.IME source code
- Found some tools for Mobile (Indic keyboard and other tools)
- In progress of searching and making the predictive text feature with desktop for Tamil Language (can be extended later)
- An uploading tool for uploading big size images to Wiki Commons with slower internet connection from Netha Hussain
- Got the rough design
- Made some algorithms to start with
- Found good response and support from other wikimedians for this project initiated in late 2014
- Similar proposal made for Wiki Bus
- Requested help to animation team from Mexico to help with my Wiki Bus concept
- Requested Thelma to help with animations
- Addis Wang from Chinese User Group
- Satdeep from Punjabi (Eastern) Wikipedia
- Jake from Wiki Library
- Siko Bouterse from Community Fellowship
- Peter Gallert from Namibia
- Dr. Netha and Rohini from Wiki Women's India
- Bodhi from Bengali Wiki Community
- Nahid, and NC Hasive from Bangladesh
- Base from Ukrainian Wikipedia and Meta Wiki
- Rebecca Cotton from Wikimedia Deutschland
- Biplab Anand, Krish and Nabin from Wikimedia Nepal
- Revo Soekatno and Kenrick from Indonesian Wikipedia
- Rebecca O Neil from Dublin
- Josh from Philippines
- Ravan from Arabic Wikipedia
- Vikas from Meta Wiki
- Manoj Karingamadathil from Malayalam WikiSource and Viswa from Malayalam Wiki Community
- Rashiq from Germany, Kiwix developer
- Ahmed Nisar Telugu and Urdu Wiki Community
- Mr. and Mrs. Khalid Mahmood from Western Punjabi Wikipedia, Pakistan
- Muzammil from Hindi and Urdu Wiki Community
- Ochilov and his mom from Uzbekistan
- TPM from my own Tamil Wiki community, get connected for the first time :)
- Will add more
Before Wikimania 2015
- Once I received scholarship, I just contacted other Wikimedians from my local community(ta.wikipedia.org) to understand the full process of Wikimania 2015. I got introduced to other participants from India. Understood the community co-ordination while obtaining the Mexican Visa, it was not at all easy task for any Indian.
- Got a chance to participate in the MWTTT 2015 and gave a few minute session on Wikimania 2015. Learnt about Etherpad and met Shiva and his team who is working on digitizing the Kannada scripts for Sanchaya, Samooha and Pustaka projects.
- In continuation with MWTTT 2015, got a chance to curate WeAreWikipedia account in Twitter
- Informed about Posters and Leaflets in all 22 Indic Wiki Projects and created Posters and displayed in Wikimedia India Booth during Wikimania 2015.
During Wikimania 2015
- Came to know about, Wikimedians in Residence, Hay's Directory, Various GLAM Projects like MED-GLAM, Kolikata Little Magazine & etc.,
- Met Kiwix developer, tried offline Wiktionary and Wikipedia for Tamil
- Understood the input tools (jQuery.IME) used for Tamil Language from Santhosh
- Realized the new features of Wikidata projects from Lydia and what readers are looking forward for and how can we improve our content from TNegrin
- Got to know the best practices to improve the volunteers like [Meetup.com], [Eventbrite.com], Pinterest , [cascadia.wiki] from Rebecca and provided some suggestions
- Marked the contents which needs to be translated for Wikidata and Mobile Wiki Projects.
- Participated as a Volunteer in Wikimedia India Community Village and explained about India to all.
- Participated in Indic Meetup and supported for renaming it as "Wikimedia SAARC Meetup" from next year onward.
- Participated in Wikimedia Asia Meetup and involving in the future plans which starts with Wikipedia Asian Month
- Participated in Wikimedia Mexico's quiz competition and won a Blue Demon mask
- Participated in Wikimedia Polska's quiz competition and won a Bag
After Wikimania 2015
- Got plenty of connections globally.
- Planning for Wiki Conference 2016, as an outcome of Wikimania 2015 Indic Meetup
- Participating in Wikipedia Asian Month
- Participating in Natural World Editathon 2015 is going to be held on August 1,2
- Participating in Tamil Virtual University Conference which is going to be held on August 8,9
- Found some tools for Predictive Text feature in Tamil
- Volunteering for WikiConference India 2016, a pilot project for Wikimania 2019 in India