Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Creating a public Facebook for Wikipedia & Medicine enthusiasts, so we can spread the word and include more people from the global community in our efforts
- Connecting with reps from the WikitoLearn initiative, which will hopefully result in a free textbooks on commons and on Wiki.
- Being invited to the CEE conference, where I will speak about Wikipedia & Medicine, as well as EDU-Wiki.
This Wikimania has been quite intense and I've had the privilege of both presenting (which I have done in previous Wikimanias), as well as facilitating discussions, which has been an important new experience for me. Below is a list of the presentation and sessions I led:
- A Presentation about Wiki-Med course during the WikiProject Medicine pre-conference day.
- A "Critical Issue" Presentation about the future of Wikipedia in Education
- Discussion facilitation with board: Human Resources
- Discussion facilitation with board: Board composition
- Discussion facilitation: Designing the future I: A roadmap for Wikidata
- Discussion facilitation: Going mobile and keeping editing: needs and challenges to edit Wikipedia from mobile devices
- I have also served as the GLAM community Liaison, part of which included choosing the speakers for the GLAM user digest.