Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
- Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Started planning the first practical steps of holding the Wikipedia Workshops in Palestine
- New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- At Wikimania, I accepted the 100 wikidays challenge, and began writing a new article every day on July 24, 2016 and sharing the article with my friends on Facebook, which has started some online and offline discussions about editing Wikipedia. It is a great conversation starter, and a good recruitment tool.
- Wikimania was a great opportunity to meet new people, and to reconnect with previous acquaintances.
- I met many interesting people at Wikimania. The most interesting was Guido Barindelli, an Esinese civil protection officer, a professor in physical therapy, a talented photographer who had traveled around the world, and a new Wikimedian ready to upload his photos to Commons! I had the pleasure of introducing him to the wiki world.
- Another great connection I made was with John Andersson of Wikimedia Sweden, where we discussed collaboration of Wikimedians of the Levant in the Connected Open Heritage project.
- Wikimania was another great opportunity to meet with Arab Wikimedians to discuss issues in the Arabic Wikipedia, as well as collaboration between the different user groups.
- At the talk I gave together with May Hachem about translation, about 50 participants attended.
I uploaded the group photos of the Education Meetup to Commons