Welcome back from Wikimania 2014!
Nepali Wikipedia (नेपाली विकिपीडिया) <ne.wikipedia.org>
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- I am writing a report to submit the local community about my participation and learning in the Wikimania 2014.
- I have shared my experience with various language Wikipedia and the wikimania in the BBC Radio (Nepali Service). BBC Nepali Service (Monday, 11 Aug, 2014)
- I am writing a blog to share my ideas and experience.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
- I could narrate two articles in English Wikipedia for Wiki Readings.
- Meeting with the Grant Team (Alex) I have made some new connections and had some meetings with some existing connections. This year I had a good sharing session with the Grant team of WMF about what really didn't work during the first grant program in Nepal.
- Meeting with WMF Education team (Anna Koval) We did have an hour meeting on Nepal Education program learning and future programs strategies. We requested for WMF Direct involvement for education program in Nepal.(New Contact)
- Wikipedia Zero (Carrolyne) In the meeting we talked about the change after launching WPZero with one operator in Nepal. Also discussed and planned to have this with other operators.
- WikiProject Med collaboration in Nepali Wikipedia with WikiProject Med and Translators without boarders.
- Getting Maithili Wikipedia out from the incubator with MF-Warburg
- Contemporary issues with Wikis in Indian Sub-continent with Jan Eissfeldt
- Wikimedia CH (Manuel) Meet and work for Wikimedia Nepal Website and emails.
- Wikimedia CH (Emmanuel) meeting for Kiwix development in Nepali language.
- During the Indic Wiki meetup we had a good interaction about our common challanges and best practices.
I participated in various sessions ranging from Education to community. Among them I found the following more interesting and helpful to generate new ideas.
- Idea Lab Mixture, learning session (on pre-conference day). I learnt small but important practice from Egypt education program.
- Gender and women participation.
- Wiki Project Med sessions.
- Grants etc.
Among talks I outlined the following most interesting and thought provoking for future of the movement.
- State of the Movement - Jimbo Wales
More than the sessions, I could discuss direct on topic with many people concerned to respective subjects during Wikimania London. I spent most of my time in meetings, sharing and understanding.
Thanks Wikimania Scholarship and the Travel Participation Support for giving me a chance to learn many things.