Grants:TPS/Hindustanilanguage/First International Conference on Transformative Education Research and Sustainable Development/Report
|This Wikimedia Participation Support report has been accepted by the Wikimedia Participation Support Committee.To see the original request, please visit Grants:TPS/Hindustanilanguage/First International Conference on Transformative Education Research and Sustainable Development.|
First International Conference on Transformative Education Research and Sustainable Development
I was a speaker at First International Conference on Transformative Education Research and Sustainable Development 2016 at Kathmandu University, Nepal, where I delivered my paper on "Wikipedia Education Programme at Christ University as an Agent of Educational Transformation". It was great to meet people from educational fraternity in other countries such as Nepal (host nation) as well as participants from Australia, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia and Indonesia. Sharing my ideas with them and also participating in their talks helped me learn several new aspects of education.
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- I along with Nabin K. Sapkota, a leading Nepali Wikipedian and coordinator of Wiki Loves Monuments Nepal 2016 discussed the prospects of modelling a Wikipedia Educational Program for Kathmandu University based on Christ University Wikipedia Educational Program. We have together drafted a blog Planning WEP for Kathmandu University: Drawing Lessons from Christ University and Beyond and are jointly working on the project.
- Prof. Bal Chandra Luitel, the event convener.
- Prof. Padam Raj Pant, who heads the IT Department of the School of Education, Kathmandu University. He was particularly interested in bringing the Doteli Wikipedia incubator project live and wanted to work towards it in addition to holding outreach events in the city. He has personal contacts the literary figures of the language, including with a person who compiled Doteli Dictionary. In consultation with him, a separate Facebook chat group is formed which includes him, my humble self, Nabin Sapkota and some other Wikipedians.
- Representatives of Toyo University, Japan.
- Naif Mastoor Alsulami from Saudi Arabia.
- Air tickets & accommodation : directly booked by Wikimedia Foundation through their travel agent.
- Reimbursable Expenditure
- Conference Registration: Received 9,959 Indian rupees from Wikimedia Foundation towards registration for the conference. At the same time, I spent 10,973 (additional 1,014 Indian rupees) for fund transfer and registration.
- Airport transfers at Hyderabad (to and fro) at Hyderabad were 2000 Indian rupees.
- All local transport in Nepal for the three conference days amounted to 183 US Dollars.
- Two dinners during the stay in Nepal and lunch at Kathmandu Airport amounted to 17.08 US Dollars.
- I request the reimbursement to take place in Indian currency.
Amount left over
As stated above, I have a reimbursement claim.