Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
I attended a lot of sessions but I was mostly interested in Gender Gap. I attended the Wikiwomen's Lunch, which it was useful in connecting the women attendees of Wikimania among each other. As a result of my interacting with mexican wikimedian women I collaborated with the Wikipedia:Encuentros/Editatona:mujeres mexicanas destacadas editing articles and helping new female editors. I am writing a report to present at Wikimedia Argentina and Wikimedia Uruguay about Harassment and Community Health. After I came home I edited in few articles about Mexico and mexican women. The event provided me live feedback about many ideas that I have on gender gap in Wikipedia. The event help me to understand the process of creating a safe space for women editors. I will use it in the WikiProyecto Mujeres (WikiProject Women). I've learnt few techniques from User:Poco a poco at his "How Commons made a quality photographer out of me". I deepened my connections with members from Wikimedia España, Wikimedia Argentina, Wikimedia Chile, Wikimedia Mexico and Wikimedia Uruguay. I knew new people from different countries and languages and with some of them we've decided to write articles about their countries and vice versa. I got involved in the Working Group of Harassment and Community Health. I decided to do more workshops to teach women to edit. User:Psanchez820 asked me to see my workshops on streaming and User:Melina Masnatta (WMAR) will teach me how to do it. More than ten women fron different countries accepted to participate in the Wikiproyecto Mujeres (WikiProject Women) that I will began. I've learnt how to differentiate the Wikipedia gender gap from gender gap that appears in other communities in the web. I will teach things that I've learnt at Ally Skills Workshop to other wikimedians in Argentina. User:Marrovi and User:Yavidaxiu show me the city and taught me a lot about the azteca history. Most of the new people that I knew contact me by e-mail and in Facebook and show me the photos. The most important result for me it was the decision of creating a WikiProject for Women tu reduce gender gap: here it is the Draft of the Wikiproyecto Mujeres. I also met with staff members from Wikimedia Spain, Wikimedia Argentina, Wikimedia Mexico and Wikimedia Uruguay. I met people of the Iberocoop iniciative and we discuss projects we could develope in the future.
I picked up meaningful conversations with many people and I am still in contact with most of them:
- User:Nabin K. Sapkota he is from Nepal. We talked about writing articles related to the people and cultures of both countries. We decide to translate articles fron Nepali to Spanish and from Spanish to Nepali. He now has an user page in Wikipedia in Spanish and he is collaborating.
- User:Emnamizouni She was my roommade. She is from Tunisia. We talked about writing articles related to the people and cultures of both countries. We decide to translate articles fron Arab to Spanish and from Spanish to Arab. She has now an user page in Wikipedia in Spanish and she is collaborating.
- User:Netha Hussain She is from India. We talked about Gender gap India work plan and difficulties that women we have to edit. We have a lot of new ideas.
- User:Marrovi. He is an administrator in Nahuatlahtolli. We talked a lot about different articles about native american indians and how to improve them.
- User:Yavidaxiu He writes in Nahuatl and Spanish. I created an article about miscegenation en América and we talked a lot about mexican history and miscegenation and how to improve the article.
- User:Poco a poco taught me many things about Commons and he explained to me how the learning process is fostered in the project.
- User:Psanchez820 We talked about gender gap in Wikipedia. She told me her deception and difficulties writing in Wikipedia and that she decided to stop editing. I offered her to teach how to edit. She will participate in the Wikiproyecto Mujeres.
- User:Rosymonterrey We talked a lot about problems in Wikedia in Spanish and now we are working together in some articles. She will participate in the Wikiproyecto Mujeres.
- User:Wotancito We talked about he gender gap in Wikipedia. She told me what they are doing in Mexico and I told her what we are doing in Argentina. We were discussing strategies for engaging new female editors. She will participate in the Wikiproyecto Mujeres.
- User:Millars We talked about problems at Wikiopedia in Spanish, about Wikimedia España and I've decided to become a member of the chapter.
- User:Raystorm We were discussing about harassment and safe spaces for women and some problems that we have in Wikipedia in Spanish. She will participate in the Wikiproyecto Mujeres.
- User:Zeroth: He is the president of Wikimedia Uruguay, we had many conversations about some items in Wikimedia Uruguay and when we came back we discussed those items with the rest of the wikimedians. He talked to me about his new projects, like Wikimedia Digitization User Group. I also incorpored his list of female authors from Uruguay in my Wikiproyecto.
- User:Mahadeva We talked about problems in articles about culture in Argentina and now we are fixing those problems.
- User:Rohini She is from India. We talked about Gender gap India work plan and difficulties that women we have to edit. We have a lot of new ideas.
- User:KHarold (WMF) Kacie will translate some of my articles about gender gap to English. She also connected me to Marti Johnson.
- Siko (WMF) We had great conversations about gender gap and how to reduce it.
- User:MCruz (WMF) She talked to me about different program leaders in the Wikimedia movement in which I am very interested like Gender learning patterns or Program Toolkit.
- Sarah Chambers. She is the Secretary of Wikimedia Chile. She is a native English speaker and she will translate some of my articles about gender gap in Wikipedia to English.
- User:The Interior: User:MCruz (WMF) introduced me to Patrick Earley and I was invited to a meeting to discuss harassment on the projects. Now I am involved in the Working Group of Harassment and Community Health.
- User:Patricio.lorente Patricio introduced me to the representant of Premios Princesa de Asturias and we were talking about the meaning of the Wikipedia in the world.
- User:Ocaasi helped me with my report about Harassment and Community Health.
- User:Rosiestep We discussed about gender gap in WP and new wikiprojects for women. She invited me to join Wikipedia:WikiProject Women in Red and she add a link to one of my articles about gender gap in the Press section of the WikiProject.
- User:Melina Masnatta (WMAR) She is the Education Manager at Wikimedia Argentina and we talked about doing gender gap workshops. She will teach me how to do it by streaming.
- User:Anna Torres (WMAR) She is Director Ejecutiva of Wikimedia Argentina and we talked about doing gender gap workshops in my country.
- User:Meursault2004 he is from Jakarta, Indonesia.
- User:Satdeep Gill he is from India and he collaborates with Punjabi Wikipedia. He is a very nice person and I was pleasent surprise when he was awarded.
- Elwira Sobkowiak. She is from Poland. We talked a lot about history of Mexico, Poland and how to edit in Wikipedia in Nahuatl.
I took hundreds of photos to upload to Commons and I will do a video. Some of the photos: