Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- I shared some of what I learned on Commons Village pump.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
- I am working with User:Ladsgroup on File metadata cleanup drive in c:Category:Media missing infobox template. We will do a big bot run to add Information templates to many images and do a separate task of asking many still active uploaders to help with adding Information template to their files. We prepared c:Template:Information/please add template for this purpose.
Making connections is a big part of the Wikimania.
- Most people I interact with on Commons, my home Wiki, I have never met, so it was really nice to meet some of them. Some for the first time and some I have met many times before. Over the years I interacted with many people and associating faces with sometimes cryptic user names helps me remember who I was working on what.
- I tend to often do maintenance on Commons collections related to Poland and I occasionally interact with members of Polish Wikipedia crew. It is always nice to meet them in person.
- Commons so far did not see hardly any benefit from Wikidata. That will be hopefully changing once arbitrary access comes to Commons I had good discussions with Daniel Kinzler, Lydia Pintscher and other members of Wikidata team, about some of the specific needs and uses of wikidata on the Commons.
- I uploaded over 100 photographs from Wikimania. The list can be found here.