|This Wikimedia Participation Support report has been accepted by the Wikimedia Participation Support Committee.To see the original request, please visit Grants:TPS/Jbuket/Wiki seminar Yangantau.|
Wiki seminar Yangantau
Together with Саган, visem, HalanTul, Frhdkazan, Drbug, Айсар and other experienced people from Bashkir wikipedia we managed to cooperate and work together and help to less experienced colleagues. During the seminar I also cooperate in different aspects with Users Тутыйғош, Ләйсән, Lizalizaufa, Аҡҡашҡа, Янмурза Баки, YANBEK, Рәшиҙә Ғизәтуллина, Эльмира Рифовна, Айлин777 and others, where we work together on different topics, such as creating articles, translating articles with ContentTranslation tool, creating and translating special articles, uploading images to commons, working with incubator, wikinews and other wiki-projects, transating interface etc.
Except reaching planned goals I think one of the most achievements was integrating Bashkir community to cooperation inside CEE, by promoting project CEE Spring 2016 in Bashkir Wikipedia.
First time I have been translating system messages. More than 100 messages have been translated by me into Ukrainian language.
During the seminar I had a possibility to make a speach about Wiki Loves Earth, PR-communications and Wikiexpeditions (with User:visem).
Also according to the level of organization of the seminar we discussed about possibilities of organizing International wiki-events in Bashkortostan. Together with Drbug, Айсар and Саган talked to the director of the health complex Yanhantau about the possibility one of next cee meeting on its base .
With representatives of Wikimedia-Ru, Wikimedians of Bashkortostan User Group, representatives of Sakha and Tatar Wikipedia we discussed the future possibility of organizing Turkic conference. Categories in Commons according to seminar events has been created, all pictures in the process of uploading in special category.
I created my first article in the Bashkir Wikipedia, some categories in ba-wiki and 7 articles about Bashkortostan in Ukrainian Wikipedia:
- Лиходід Микола Хомич - about ukrainian author, who translated Bashkir poetry in Ukrainian. After it was created an article about him in Bashkir Wikipedia.
- Лілія Сакмар
- Башкирське повстання (1755-1756)
- Тептяро-Бобильське повстання
- Рамі Гаріпов
- Агидель (журнал)
- Башкирське повстання (1662-1664)
There were also much improving existing articles:
Travel costs calculation
Also after the seminar we meet with Ukrainian diaspora and receive from them useful sources with information about Ukrainians in Bashkortostan.
On our way back via Chișinău we had a meeting with Gikü and we made together short trip in Moldova. During our trip we made several promotional pictures for future Wiki Loves Earth 2016 which planned to be upload during the contest.
Personal notices and opinions
- Such kind of seminar is very useful especially for representatives of small language projects, where people can meet together, work intensivelly and share ideas
- In this seminar the participants were more aged people than usualy we can meet in other Wiki-events. There were no problem with Gender gap, but in my opinion we should mind Age gap in the future by involving to wiki-projects both young and aged people
- Representatives of regional languages should be involved more in wiki-events in international level even if their level of English is very bad
- Wikimedians of Bashkortostan User Group made a good example for wiki-representatives of other regional languages in Russian Federation and abroad
- According to high level of organization of Wiki-Sabantuy 2015 and Wiki seminar Yangantau some future international wiki-events can be hosted by Bashkortostan