This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
I am a highly active Wikipedian with high expertise in open source software and one of the developers of AutoWikiBrowser, a Mediawiki tool. I have had a submission accepted at this open source software project which is organised mainly by Wikipedians and where I will be speaking about the open software AutoWikiBrowser, and I will be inviting my fellow programmers to collaborate on improving it. I have prepared a wrokshop for them to engage with, as newbies, and there is are specific bugs and featured requests in Phbricator where programmers could help with.
Goal and expected impact
As a result of my talk, everyone in the audience will become aware of the the kind of tools requested by MediaWiki and Wikipedia sisters projects, and will perhaps reconsider prejudices about Wikipedia in general. Additionally, some fraction of the audience will take a more active interest and contact me by e-mail and created bots and other things based on AutoWikiBrowser.
- Accommodation: 100 € (for 2 nights single room in Tirana)
- Travel: 360 € (round trip airfare form Corfu to Tirana)
- Per diem: 60 € (2 days in Tirana)
- Registration fees: 0 €
- I would prefer if the tickets are booked directly by the WMF instead of me buying them. -- Magioladitis (talk) 11:23, 5 April 2017 (UTC)
- As part of OSCAL speakers team, I confirm that Marios is accepted to hold the workshop about AWB. And as an Wikimedian I truly believe that this presentation will be very useful for the community outreach. OSCAL is a conference where the participants are mostly IT professionals and programmers and this is a very suitable target group for this kind of workshop organized by Marios. --Margott (talk) 21:04, 30 March 2017 (UTC)
- I've heard him speaking about the Autowikibrowser, and it's really useful! Also, Marios will be a great representative of Wikimedia at this conference and will do great outreach. :-) →Spiritia 20:46, 15 April 2017 (UTC)