The most important thing for me about participating was to have more than 5 females. My talk was about gender gap so it was important to have their opinion and questions about my talk. Participation was around 30 people, 11 of them were females :). I was lucky that part of my talk were Silvia Stieneker (works at Wikimedia Deutschland) and User:WS ReNu, they invited me at Wikimedia conference in Berlin, which was in the same time as Open Tech Summit and i had the possibility to meet Asaf Bartov, Kaarel Vaidla, Eva Lepik, Tomasz Ganicz, and all my Wikimedia friends from CEE meeting, and of course all other Wikimedians from all over the world. Because of this meeting i had the possibility to fix my visa issue for Wikimania 2015. Wikimedia Estonia will help me with the financial part to travel to Rome to get the Mexican Visa if my visa application will be approved.
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
Here it is my blog post about Open Tech Summit.
- Travel 296$ (booked by Wikimedia)
To be reimbursed:
- Accommodation 78 EUR ~ 85$
- Meals 54 EUR ~ 59$
- Trasportation Airport-Hotel 11.7 EUR ~13$
Amount left over
Here it is my talk uploaded on Commons.