Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
- Nameː Greta
- Home Wikiː Sq.wiki
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
As the only one participating from Albania(but not the only Albanian, Liridon from Macedonia and Arianit from Kosova were at Wikimania too) it is really important for me to share what i leaned with the community online and offline. During the days of the conference i was trying to keep the community update via facebook and twitter, but also i wrote a blog post here. Also, since we have weekly meetings and events, i shared some thoughts and new projects that i learned during Wiki Loves Maps event. The three of us also open a page at Wikipedia ALbania and shared our experience in Albanian language.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
Since this was my first Wikimania, i had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people from different projects of Wikimedia Foundation. User:Jaluj helped a lot with the gender gap issues, putting me in contact with other participants that are working about this issue and also we created Wikiprojektiː Gratë (Wikiproject Women) page] so Albania can be part of global projects that are working about gender gap, in order to collaborate more with each other. Also, i was part of Historical Maps workshop from Sussana and Albin, i learn a lot about map templates. I will use this knowledge to contribute at Wiki Loves Maps project, that is ongoing now. You can find edit made by me during workshop here. Also together with userːLiridon, we will coordinate projectː Writing Week/Cultural Heritage which is already on going. Freedom of panorama is another important project in which I participated. I was part of School of Rock(ing) EU Copyright lead by userːDimi, in which was discussed mainly aboutː
- ̈FoP in UK
- ̈FoP presentation in RO
- ̈Copyright reform in Kosovo
- ̈Agenda setting in Latvia
Its was created an etherpad, but the data are lost because of a crash happened during the 6h workshop. But all the data are saved in a google doc as well. Its was one of the best session that i ever participated, Dimi wrote step by step everything that should be done in all of project mention above, i gain a lot of knowledge about laws, strategies how to advocate about free knowledge etc.
- Userː Strainu, each time that i meat him, i always learn about some tech stuff about Wikimedia projects likeː how to get statistic for a specific issue on Wikipedia.
- Userː Dimi Z, i have study computer science, but i know about laws and freedom of panorama, because of him.
- User:Rosiestep, User:Jaluj, Florence Devouard, and a lot of other women during the wikiwomen lunch, and had the opportunity to share about gender gap issues on our local communities.
- Userː Tobias1984, we talked about pywikibot mostly during his workshop. I currently have a bot running at sq.wiki and we will be in touch to help me out to extend my bot functionality.
- And of course almost all my CEE Spring friends