Welcome back from Wikimania 2014!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- I will write a blog explaining my experience in the conference and will share it with the community. Yet, I chatted with different colleagues about the conference all in all.
I can add that I talked about my attendance for the conference to many people who are not even wikipedians. It was great to attract people's attention.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- I was impressed with the [Medical], that I started to coordinate with the supervisors for some activities concerning Arabic Wikipedia. Although I am not familiar with medical information or articles, but the objectives of the project are great and important.
Absolutely, the conference was a great chance to meet with different people all around the world including the Wikimania staff. Talking to others about their contributions and projects was beneficial. I managed to speak to people from Poland, UK, Italy and Germany about "Wiki Loves Monuments", I learned about the challenges they faced last year and I spoke about my participation in "Wiki Loves Monuments - Jordan". Also, different people explained to me about "Wikipedian in Residence" which I didn't know about previously. Moreover, a meetup with the Arab Wikipedians was a great opportunity to discuss issues related to Arabic Wikipedia.
Although participating (as an attendee) in such a huge conference benefited me a lot, and in spite of the fact that I attended many sessions and discussions, I wish I could attend more; there were too good sessions to attend, but it was impossible since many conflicted in time.