Welcome back from Wikimania 2014!
Spanish Wikipedia, but also Wikimedia Commons, Catalan Wikipedia, etc.
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
I organized with another Wikimedia Spain member and Wikipedia editor, B25es a meetup in Vila-real (Valencian Community) to share our experience in Wikimania London with other users of the region. There is a post about this meetup of users of Spanish and Catalan Wikipedias in Wikimedia Spain blog. Post I'm sharing and I'll share my experience and the things I learned also at the GM of Wikimedia Spain this September in Oviedo, while the 10th anniversary of Asturian Wikipedia. When I'll have more time I want to write also a newsletter on Wikipedia.
I knew many people from other chapters from two Wikimedia Conference (2011 and 2012) but I coudl meet many others. For example, I met people who edit on Catalan Wikipedia and I didn't meet before. It's imposible to list all people that I talked with (In some cases I'll put the country to simplify a group of many people):
- I think the relation between Amical Wikimedia and Wikimedia Spain could be better, and this personal meetings are very important. We talked about many things and I share a lot of time with them.
- I met and talked with other people from Wikimedia Foundation, like Asaf Bartov, and I could explain the state of the proposal of Wikimedia Spain to Wikimedia Portugal, Alex Wang, and we talked about a grant already finished and our intention of asking for a new one, Floor Koudijs, and we talked about the educational projects of Wikimedia Spain, and María Cruz, etc.
- I talked with people from Iberocoop chapters (about Iberoconf and many other issues), with people from Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Venzuela, Colombia, Brazil, Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica.
- I talked with people of WikiFranca, Wikimedia CH, Wikimedia Canada, Wikimedia France (the local group in Rennes), Wikimedia Belgium, Tunissia.
- I met Franz, the new chair of Wikimedia Netherland.
- I met Dimitar Dimitrov (EU Policy) and people from Arabic countries. I talked with لا روسا, and we could talk about the project of translating articles in Cairo at the university and my own experience in the University of Castellón.
- I met Netha Hussain and talked about the similar problems of India and Spain, and the projects with low cost and the possibility of doing something together.
- I met Pau Giner and Amir, and I tested the Content translation tool, but I should work on it at home.
- I was at the meeting of chapters representantives with Lila.
- I was at the presentation of Chapters Dialogue. I was interviewed in Mexico City for it.
- I was at the Cool Projects presentation, and my definition of cool project was chosen as the best one.
- User:Montgomery and I tried to tweet all the talks we attended using the account of Wikimedia España (+1600 followers). The tweets can be found here in an inverse chronological order.
- I uploaded 27 (at this moment) photos of the event on Wikimedia Commons