Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
- Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- I shared my Wikimania experince in detail here. I wrote it in Javanese so that my community can easily understand it, and I intend to translate it to Indonesian, and maybe English as well during my free time.
- Josh Lim
- I met Marek from Poland during the Welcome Reception and also during the break between session. He offered me a script or a bot if I am not mistaken, which he said was able to detect any dead references in articles on Wikipedia. I thought that my home wiki, Javanese Wikipedia would need this because this is one of the problems that is faced by Javanese Wikipedia - dead references in articles. I told him that I would get in touch with him once I am able to reach someone who is able to do the technical things. I am currently still discussing this matter with my friend.
- I met Daria from Wikimedia UK. She said she focused on education program in WMUK and I will get in touch with her soon, because I am intending to discuss an education program for Javanese Wikipedia.
- I met Alex and Abbey from the Foundation who interviewed me about Javanese Wikipedia community. I was very glad to have the opportunity to be interviewed and to be able to share my experience in the movement with people from the Foundation. Especially letting them know what kind of challenges that we face, as a small Wiki community.
(I exchanged business cards with some of the people listed above, and I am also connected to some of them through e-mails, Facebook, or Telegram. I apologize if I spelled the name incorrectly, please do tell me, or if I met you during Wikimania but did not write your name yet, please also let me know.)
- I also shared personal impression about Wikimania 2018 on Line app, here, and I also intend to write few posts on my personal blog. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to participate in Wikimania 2018!