Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Presented the experience and learning during the Tulu Wikipedians meetup at Mangaluru on Aug 11, 2018.
- Presented the experience and learning during the Kannada Wikipedians meetup at Bengaluru on Aug 19, 2018.
I gave a lightning talk on the first day of learning days. I participated and gave a presentation as a panelist in the session titled Activating the next generation : Wikipedia in Schools on July 21, 2018. On both days I interacted with people from across the globe, mainly from Global South. The situation in India and many African countries have many similarities. Hence they could appreciate my presentation and the learnings that I presented. A special mention should be about User:GastelEtzwane who gave a session titled Kiwix & Raspberry Pi - build your own wikipedia Wifi hotspot which I attended. We have a plan to create offline Tulu Wikipedia and send it schools which is similar to the concepts explained in this session. I collected on Raspberry Zero and Pi3 from him. After reaching home, I have worked on that and was able to put offline Tulu and Kannada Wikipedias using Kiwix in R-Pi3. I demonstrated this during the Kannada Wikipeians meetup and Tulu Wikipedians meetup, mentioned above.
- Slide deck of the presentation of the lightning talk done at Cape Town, during the Learning Days of Wikimania 2018 -