Welcome back from Wikimania 2019!
This Wikimania was one of the interesting Wikimanias, not only I participated in the Wikimania, but I also helped in organising one of the space for Wikimania. Me and members of 4 other staffs and Wikimedians worked on community growth space. I moderated one of the session in the space during Wikimania, where we had Rosie, Florence, Mehman and Oleg as speakers talking about different campaigns which lead to the growth of Wikimeda community. I will share them with my community in an upcoming meeting post Harmonization Sprint in Tunis.
In this Wikimania, I represented various hats, I also attended few meetings as a member of the Capacity building working group of the Movement Strategy. I took part in the meeting of Advocacy working group. I also met a few other members of the working groups, Abhinav from partnerships, Pavan from Community Health and many more. The focus of the meetings were to understand where different working groups are overlapping with their recommendations.
I presented two sessions during this Wikimania, explaining the importance of partnership with government in emerging communities and how to talk about Wikimedia in Education. I was also part of a panel talking on community governance.
- Albin Larsson - Swedish National Heritage Board
- Connected Manavpreet with Armine regarding interwiki collaboration
- Worked with Verena, Christine, Marshal, Benoit and Bence regarding community growth space.
- Met Fabian at the reception hosted by Swedish Ministry of Foreign affairs, we discussed about the education work he is doing.
- I met Kevin and Maria from Ohio Wikimedians UG, we were discussing about the UGs in States and also Wikipedia Asian Month.
- I met Isla, John, Nikki, Jeffrey, Liang, Michal, Jorge, Hakan, Diane and many other members from Wikimedia Strategy.
- I met Luca, Irene, Susanna, Anne and many others during learning days.
- I was part of one of the evening salon, where I met Meherdad, Kareel and many others.