Grants:TPS/Saintfevrier/7th Conference on Informatics in Education/Report
|This Wikimedia Participation Support report has been accepted by the Wikimedia Participation Support Committee.To see the original request, please visit Grants:TPS/Saintfevrier/7th Conference on Informatics in Education.|
7th Conference on Informatics in Education CIE2015
- dates: October 9-11 2015
- venue: University of Piraeus, Greece
- date of presentation/title of session: Sunday Oct. 9 (morning), Teaching Proposals with the use of Software and Services (see p.4 bottom left)
Finally met fellow educator, Wikimedian and co-author Marios Magioladitis for the first time in person! However the rest of the people at our presentation were not acquainted with the idea of Wikimedia editing in the context of school projects and it was rewarding to see their enthusiastic reaction to our work. During the break we were approached by two High School teachers, both of whom were interested in collaborating with us. We have already established contact with Mr. D. Leventis of Kythira Secondary School: Kythira is also an island in the Ionian Sea and we definitely have a lot to share:)
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
I wrote a post for our school blog, which was reblogged on two local news portals in Kefalonia, Greece:
The post includes a link to the Kefalonian dialect page, Wiktionary quick guides and the wiki code for the category, inviting Kefalonians all over the world to make their contributions. Especially the second portal enjoys readership from Kefalonians all over the world, so the outreach spans USA to Australia:)
- Round-trip airfare: 194,29 Euro
- Round-trip metro from/to the airport: 16 Euro
- Metro to/from Piraeus station @1.20 x 2: 2.40E
- taxi from Piraeus station to campus: 3.44E
- Accommodation was not required
- Total: 216.13 Euro
Receipts etc. will follow by e-mail.
Amount left over
The original grant was approved to 280 Euro, which means there is an amount of 63.87 Euro left over.