This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
I am a longterm Wikipedian in Chinese WIkipedia. I am dedicated in outreach with GLAM and educational institutions to enhance the contribution in Wikimedia Movement. I am going to co-present in the Asian Conference on Technology in the Classroom 2017 (ACTC2017) to educators on how to edit Wikipedia in a 90 minutes workshop.
Goal and expected impact
- According to the last year conference summary, there are about 200 attendees (about 70% are from Asia) in the conference. I hope to get the following impact with them:
- To demonstrate our case in the past years the Taiwanese Wikimedian community has experiment on the way Wikipedia can be used in education.
- To explore the possibility of using Wikipedia with teachers and scholars of educational field. This is the only workshop related to Wikipedia in the whole conference.
- To network with potential adopter of using Wikipedia, and keep them in the loop of the Wikimedia movement.
- Travel (round trip airfare from Taipei, Taiwan to Kobe, Japan): USD 300
- Accommodation: USD 135 per night x 5 nights = USD 675 (Crowne Plaza Ana Kobe, the nearest hotel from the venue)
- Per Diem: USD 55 x 5 = USD 275 (Including travel insurance, transportation and meals)
- Registration Fee: USD 348 (40,000 JPY, with the exchange rate 1JPY to USD0.0087)
- Total: USD 1598
It would be nice if the Foundation can arrange the flights and accommodation for me, I haven't booked either above. I don't need advance disbursement for the registration fee and per diem.