Welcome back from Wikimania 2019!
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- I made a presentation on the topic: “Caucasian Collaboration: Analysis of Opportunities for North Caucasus Region to Participate in the Wiki Loves Caucasus International Wikipedia Article Contest” (Community Growth space, Day 2) (Video)
- I organized a football match between Wikipedians from Russia, China, Mexico and Chile (2019:Meetups). Perhaps this was the first match between Wikipedians in the history of Wikimania.
- I have translated over 610 messages at the Wikimania 2019 website. I brought the level of Russian translation to 100% as of 11 August 2019.
I talked with Wikimania participants from different countries - Ghana, South Africa, Argentina, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, USA, Estonia, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, China, Georgia, India, Israel.
Wikimedia RU and Wikimedia Chile plan to organize a football contest (about Chilean football in Russian Wikipedia and about Russian football in Spanish Wikipedia). The preliminary term is the first half of 2020. Interest was also expressed by Wikipedians from Argentina.
I acted as a translator for Zaytuna Nigamatjanova ("PR manager" of the Bashkir Wiki-grandmothers), who shared with other Wikipedians the experience of creating a large community of women editors in her native region, Republic of Bashkortostan (Russian Federation).
- Video of football game (author - Zaytuna Nigamatjanova @ Facebook): (Video 1) (Video 2)
- Wikimania 2019 by Oleg Abarnikov (Category at Commons - photos taken by me).
- Oleg Abarnikov at Wikimania 2019 (Category at Commons - photos with me).
- Together with colleagues, I got to Stockholm by SPL Princess Anastasia cruiseferry - it was a more environmentally friendly way of traveling, and in addition, it allowed us to visit Tallinn and Helsinki. So I plan to add many more photos from this trip to Commons in the future. Those photos will be placed in the category Photographs by Oleg Abarnikov taken 2019.