Grants:TPS/Stalinjeet/ World Punjabi Conference 2017
This had been a submission to the Wikimedia Participation Support process, but was withdrawn or otherwise cancelled (not denied).
I am a Wikimedian since 2014 and have contributed to Wikimedia projects like Punjabi Wiktionary, Punjabi Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons and Wikibooks. I am doing Ph.D (Punjabi) from Punjabi University, Patiala. I perform offline wiki activities like organizing wiki workshops,writing about punjabi wikipedia and other wiki projects in newspapers,, collaborating with NGOs and presenting paper about wikipedia/I have completed 100Wikiday on punjabi Wiktionary. I've been the co-coordinator of Punjab edit-a-thon. I have played vital role in organizing WikiConference India 2016.,
Punjabi is the 3rd official language of Canada. A few Canadian NGOs organize World Punjabi Conference on yearly basis. This conference is attended by people related to Punjabi language from all over the world especially from East and West Punjab. Despite of a number of Punjabi writers residing in Canada and Punjabi being the 3rd official language of this country, still not even single person from this country is working on any wiki project.
Organising committee of this world punjabi conference has invited me to talk about Punjabi wikipedia. I propose to present my research paper on 'Growth of Punjabi language through Punjabi Wikipedia' to motivate Canadian Punjabi community to join wiki projects.
Goal and expected impact
I'll be presenting Punjabi wikipedia at World Punjabi Conference. If I am given this opportunity, these will be the following goals I expect to accomplish-
- Uploading at least 50 photographs to 'Commons' and these will be useful in further wiki projects.
- Interviewing at least 5 Punjabi writers residing in Canada.
- Adding new editors of Punjabi Wikipedia from the Canadian land.
- Pursuing Punjabi writers to allow me to put their books under CC Licence
- Travel (round trip airfare from New Delhi to Toronto): USD ~ 1385
- Food (4 Meals) = USD ~ 120
- Local Transport = USD ~ 60
- Visa fee = USD ~ 105
- I have no problem if WMF can choose the best flights and accommodation for me.
- Advance disbursement is required.
- Support Jim Carter (talk) 05:56, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- ਜਗਮੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਬਰਾੜ (talk) support
- Support I met this person in Chandigarh last year during Wiki Conference India 2016. He seems to be a dedicated person and concerning about Punjabi unity across the world.
- Canada is home to some 430,705 Punjabi people and it is the third most widely spoken language. There are 20 Punjabi speaking Canadian parliamentarians (this includes 3 ministers). See my Urdu Wikipedia article or its Punjabi version. --Muzammil (talk) 07:16, 28 May 2017 (UTC).