Welcome back from Wikimania 2019!
fr.wikipedia.org (technically my home wiki if that still make sens anymore)
I did a lot of things during Wikimania. A very great outcome is this one : on the second day of the hackathon, I help Jetam2 and KuboF Hromoslav how to use OpenRefine to import slovakian monuments in Wikidata for Wiki Loves Monuments (along with the help of MB-one). This is very important because this is something which is difficult to explain online and much easier to show directly how to sort and match the data and spot the obstacle while you are actually doing it. It was only a 2-hour demonstration, there is still a lot of work to do but at least, now they have the basic understanding on how the workflow works.
I connect or re-connect with a lot of people. In no particular order and I will probably forget some people :
- the wikisourcerors of the world, as Wikisource is a big projects and Wikimania is one of the only occasion to gather. We held a meetup (wikimania:2019:Meetups/Wikisource), most of the "Transcription" space was Wikisource related. I talked face-to-face about the Wikisource Community User Group. Ankry, Bodhisattwa, Balajijagadesh, Atudu, LA2, Jon Harald Søby, Peter Isotalo, Pmlineditor, Ijon, Asaf (WMF), Ruthven, Satdeep Gill, SGill (WMF), Slowking4, Wikilover90.
- people involved in WLM : Jean-Frédéric, LilyOfTheWest, LZia (WMF) Effeietsanders
- wikidatians : Lydia Pintscher (WMDE), Lea Lacroix (WMDE), Jens Ohlig (WMDE), Ladsgroup, Andrawaag, Alicia Fagerving (WMSE), Epìdosis (and much more, there was so many, for instance at the wikimania:2019:Meetups/Wikidata meetup)
- people interrested in Wikibase for libraries (but sadly I couldn't attend the 19th August meeting)
- french persons (but not so much because I knew that the WikiConvention francophone/2019 was soon after)
- people working on minority/indigenous/small languages : Yupik, ...
- overal nice person : Abbe98, Anass Sedrati
- I was co-leader of the "Transcription" space, it was a new but great idea. It really allowed to gather together