Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: I shared my experience of creating interactive and animated Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) over the last 2 years by conducting a talk and workshop, and met participants who were interested in working together (details below), learnt new techniques such as Pywikibot, and started a drive to allow MediaViewer to display SVG natively.
- More detailed description of work
I connected with participants who were also interested in illustration and data visualisation, as well as participants involved in Asian culture, in particular the users below, in no particular order:
- Shyamal – Inkscape
- Niedzielski, Rich Farmbrough, Jeph paul, Thelmadatter, MB-one, Vnctplsn, Svetit etc – Dynamic SVG
- Slashme – Autogenerated SVG
- Yuvipanda – Pywikibot
- Dschwen – Panoviewer
- Shangkuanlc, cheers!, AddisWang, Kenrick95, Venuslui – Wikipedia Asian Month etc
About 100 people attended the Dynamic SVG for Wikimedia projects: Exploring applications, techniques and best practice for interactive and animated vector graphics talk, and 30 people attended the SVG illustration workshop.
These are the slides of the Dynamic SVG for Wikimedia projects: Exploring applications, techniques and best practice for interactive and animated vector graphics presentation.
I also created 14 Photo Sphere and Tiny Planet 360° spherical projections of some events and venues.
Other than tickets for an Orio al Serio to Esino Lario bus on 21 June being sold when there was no bus running, this Wikimania was superbly organised, and I heartily applaud the committee for an excellent job well done!