Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome back from Wikimania 2019!
Tatar Wikipedia (currently blocked indefinitely since 21 Aug. 2019, summary, wait period for bureaucrat's actions)
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Russian Wikinews article Фархад Фаткуллин: Зачем я ездил на Викиманию-2019 (Farhad Fatkullin: Why did I attend Wikimania-2019) describes why & how, materialized outcomes and action plans for the future.
The largest audience I had was during my Closing plenary talk.
Otherwise I took part in
- discussions during Learning Days in Asaf's cohort
- starting Wikimedians of the Year club,
- co-organizing a meetup to breath life into Wikimedia Language Diversity (over 40 active members in Telegram-chat now),
- deciding to have a global Wikimedians of Turkish Language User Group (not limited to Turkey).
- strengthening Wikimedia Russia relationships with National Library of Russia
- helping Shani Evenstein Sigalov with reformatting Education space event
- asking questions for Lisa Lewin for her to share more about Wikimedia Strategy approach.
- interacting with Florence Devouard on her Kumusha Takes Wiki & Research:Wikipedia Primary School SSAJRP programme work which I earlier quoted in my Wiki-Smart Region presentations in Tatarstan.
- For posters, presentations & draft talks, please see a bilingual Russian-English meta-page dedicated by my participation in Wikimania-2019.
- Pictures of myself participating in Wikimania 2019 events are being grouped in respective category on Commons, otherwise see my uploads .
- Wikimedia Blog/Posts & translations
- Among other things, we agreed with Wikimedia Suomi to get basic MainPage template of Wikimedia Russia wiki translated into Finnish (co-official language in Russia's Republic of Karelia) & help Northern Saami Wikipedia with Dynamic MainPage templates.