Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome back from Wikimania 2017!
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
Wikimania was for me the chance to organize my thought around a series of critical issues I presented at the conference and I receive feedback from.
- Pensa, Iolanda. It is not a matter of visibility: GLAMs contribute to fill the knowledge gap. New metrics for GLAMs and GLAM-Wiki cooperation. Presentation at Wikimania Montreal 2017. The details of the presentation (slides and notes) are on its page. A video should be available.
- Pensa, Iolanda. Methods to enhance the production of Wikipedia articles on specific topics. A presentation of the methodologies tested in the production of articles related to the South African primary school curriculum. Presentation at Wikimania Montreal 2017. The details of the presentation (slides and notes) are on its page.
- Pensa, Iolanda. Transforming GLAMs, Slides on commons, https://www.slideshare.net/iopensa/wikimania-2017-transforming-glams. Lightning Talk at Wikimania Montreal 2017.
- Pensa, Iolanda. Decision making is not a problem, Slides on commons, https://www.slideshare.net/iopensa/wikimania-2017-decision-making-is-not-a-problem. Lightning Talk at Wikimania Montreal 2017.
- During Wikimania I collected some greetings to Esino Lario and distributed the few copies of Wikimania Esino book I brought with me. It is great the message Katherine Maher made and thanks Stefano Dal Bo for making the translations in Italian for the subtitles. You find Wikimania Esino Lario book here in full resolution.
Thank you to Esino Lario :)
- Meetings and discussions with the Wikimania Committee about the future of Wikimania. I strongly believe it should be volunteer-driven.
- Meetings and discussions with Wiki in Africa.
- Great meetings and discussions with the Wikimedia Italian community (Wikimania is great to reinforce and boost national teams!)
- Very encouraging the feedback I received related to the visual work we are doing related to evaluating GLAMs (with potentialities for new developments and cooperations). And really exciting to have Mark Graham of the Internet Archive telling me he liked my talk about Wikipedia Primary School.
- Great to collaborate with Tighe during the learning days and discussing about how to support volunteers.
Thank you to all the people involved in the organisation of Wikimania Montreal! It has been fantastic not having to organize it and I really enjoyed participating in it. Thanks!!