Grants:TPS/nasirkhan/Creative Commons Global Summit 2015
This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
On the October 14 — October 17th 2015 Creative Commons is going to organize the "Global Summit 2015" an international conference organized every in two year. I am the public lead of the Creative Commons Bangladesh (https://wiki.creativecommons.org/Bangladesh) and going to attend these events. Being the lead of a CC jurisdiction i got a waiver on the event registration. But the other costs will not be covered by CC. So i am applying for a grant to cover my round trip travel, food and other local transportation cost. But there are some other costs like the accommodation, food, transport and other costs for which i am applying for this grant.
Along with my involvements with Creative Commons, i also contribute to a number of communities. I am one of the founding members of Wikimedia Bangladesh, core team member of Open Knowledge Foundation Bangladesh, founding member of Bangladesh Open Source Network and so on. Recently i also get the fellowship from the Institute for Open Leadership.
On this conference, all the jurisdictions of this region will show their progress and upcoming plans. CC Bangladesh has just started and there are a lot of upcoming events and activities listed in the future plan. Many of them will be organized with the Wikimedia Bangladesh as well. So it would be a big opportunity the meet the other affiliates of the same regions. There will be a lot to learn form them. Many of the affiliates are mostly dependent on and/or working together with the Wikimedia communities.
Goal and expected impact
- I will present the future plan and progress of the Creative Commons Bangladesh
- Will be informed about the other jurisdictions of the Asia-Pacific region
- Participate on the planning sessions where we will discuss, who we can expand the CC community and work with more affiliates
- Discuss the lesson learning and previous experience on working with the wikimedia projects, like Wiki Loves Monuments, other GLAM project and so on
- Meet the local Wikimedia community
- Travel (round trip airfare from Dhaka to Seoul): USD 1100 USD
- Local Transport : 100 USD (5 day including the airport to hotel 2way cost)
- Other: 100 USD
Total requested: 1300 USD
Total approved: 1200 USD -- Jtud (WMF) (talk) 01:49, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
Actual amount eligible for reimbursement: 1340 USD -- details in grant report and discussion pages, Jtud (WMF) (talk) 19:33, 30 November 2015 (UTC)