Grants Strategy Relaunch 2020–2021 India call
|Date||8 August 2021|
|Time||1:30 pm UTC / 7 pm IST|
|Duration||60 to 90 minutes|
|Joining details||Zoom call link|
(The call will be recorded for documentation purpose)
|Speaker(s)||Tanveer Hasan, Wikimedia Foundation Community Resources team|
Grants Strategy Relaunch 2020–2021 India call will take place on Sunday, 8 August 2021 at 7 pm IST with an objective to narrate and discuss the changes in the Wikimedia Grants relaunch strategy process. The call will be attended by Tanveer Hasan (WMF), on behalf of the Community Resources team. The call is powered by CIS-A2K.
As a part of the Community Resources/Grants Strategy Relaunch 2020-2021, after community discussion and feedback the Community Resources Team identified four main themes that community members hoped for in the new strategy and proposed grants programs accordingly. Please see this Diff blog post for more details.
Who should consider joining this call?
First of all, the participation is not restricted to any particular country. This is an "India-focused", but not "India-only" call. Any Wikimedians regardless of country or location is welcome to join.
You may find this call helpful and consider joining if—
- You are a Wikimedia grant recipient (rapid grant, project grant, conference grant etc.)
- You are thinking to apply for any of the mentioned grants.
- You are a community/affiliate such as user group leader/contact person, and your community needs information about the proposed grants programs.
- You are interested to know about the program for any other reason.
In the call you may get clarity or answers to your various possible questions such as—
- How are you going to get funded in the individual grant category?
- How can a user group get funding support from Wikimedia Foundation now onwards?
- How to apply for a conference grant or for a project plan?
- Can a user group/community hire staff?
- What is the maximum and minimum cap for different budget lines/expenses?
- How does a grantee co-ordinate with the Grants Regional Committees?
and possibly other questions you might ask
- Date: 8 August 2021, 7 pm IST or 1:30 UTC
- Duration: 60 minutes (note, if we have more than 15 participants, and/or if needed, the call may be extended by another 30 minutes)
- Primary speaker: Tanveer Hasan (WMF), Wikimedia Community Resources team
- Moderator: Satdeep Gill
- Language support: Translation support for questions and answers available for several South Asian languages such as Bangla, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu
- Call joining link: Zoom link (the call will be recorded for documentation purpose)
- Friendly space policies: Participants, please ensure that you have read and you are going to follow Wikimedia Friendly space policies.
Please add your username below if you are interested to join. This is optional, but we get an idea here, how many people are interested to attend. If you are representing any user group or community, please mention that like User:Example, ABC Wikimedians user group
- Pavanaja (talk) 02:40, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
- AshLin (talk) 04:17, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
- QueerEcofeminist [they/them/their] 05:50, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 07:37, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
- User:ಅನೂಪ್----★ Anoop✉ 13:14, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
- Pranayraj Vangari (talk) |Contribs) 17:54, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
- --Gazal world (talk) 18:59, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
- --BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 06:05, 4 August 2021 (UTC)
- --Tshrinivasan (talk) 06:26, 4 August 2021 (UTC)
- --FN (talk)
- Sangram Keshari Senapati (talk) 12:05, 4 August 2021 (UTC)
- Nskjnv (talk) 13:46, 4 August 2021 (UTC)
- Ani ttbr (talk) 17:32, 4 August 2021 (UTC)
- वर्षा देशपांडे (talk) 04:11, 5 August 2021 (UTC) (Lek Ladki Abhiyan)
- --PutriAmalia1991 (talk) 06:18, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
- --Pooja Jadhav (talk) 06:35, 5 August 2021 (UTC)(Vigayn Ashram, Pabal)
- -- Faismeen (talk) 10:40, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
- --Kasyap (talk) 11:20, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
- --MYADAM ABHILASH (talk) 13:52, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
- Hasan (talk) 14:03, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
- -❙❚❚❙❙ GnOeee ❚❙❚❙❙ ✉ 15:21, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
- Satpal Dandiwal (talk) 16:59, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
- Dugal harpreet (talk) 06:42, 6 August 2021 (UTC)
- Gurtej Chauhan (talk) 08:34, 6 August 2021 (UTC)
- Gaurav Jhammat (talk) 09:11, 6 August 2021 (UTC)
- --Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 11:15, 6 August 2021 (UTC)
- Simranjeet Sidhu (talk) 12:54, 6 August 2021 (UTC)
- -J. Ansari Talk 13:56, 6 August 2021 (UTC)
- Jagseer S Sidhu (talk) 15:01, 6 August 2021 (UTC)
- -Neechalkaran (talk) 20:43, 6 August 2021 (UTC)
- -Aliva Sahoo (talk) 02:18, 7 August 2021 (UTC)
- -Premchand murmu thakur (talk) 14:15, 7 August 2021 (UTC)
- Akbarali (talk) 10:29, 7 August 2021 (UTC)
- रवींद्र चिंचोलकर ( [user marathi wikipedia / Editor ])
- रवींद्र चिंचोलकर (user marathi wikipedia / Contributor )
- Gill jassu (talk) 12:09, 7 August 2021 (UTC)
- Rangan Datta Wiki (talk) 16:31, 7 August 2021 (UTC)
- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 17:22, 7 August 2021 (UTC)
- R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 08:17, 8 August 2021 (UTC)
- --Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 13:08, 8 August 2021 (UTC)
- --Jayprakash >>> Talk 13:27, 8 August 2021 (UTC)
- Bhuvana Meenakshi (talk) 14:06, 8 August 2021 (UTC)
- Meenakshi nandhini (talk) 02:18, 11 August 2021 (UTC)
- SHISHIR DUA (talk) 18:05, 13 August 2021 (UTC)
The participants may go through one or more of these resources to prepare for this call.
- Community Resources/Grants Strategy Relaunch 2020-2021 and Process overview
- Proposed programs and How will this affect me?
- Regional Committees — What, why and how?
- Community Resources Announces New Funding Strategy, a blog post on Diff published on 15 July 2021
You may also watch these videos