Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2012-2013 round1/Wikimedia UK/Staff proposal assessment
English Wikipedia comment with regard to impact
I am puzzled by the sentence "The potential initiatives, while they address global targets, may not lead to significant impact within the English Wikipedia community. Local impact will be stronger." Wikimedia UK has delivered, and plans to have future projects, much wider than the English Wikipedia (such as Wikimedia Commons and has relations with other Open Knowledge projects beyond Wikimedia such as with Ordnance Survey Open Data), it also covers far more than just English, particularly as the UK has vibrant and active Wikimedia communities in other languages spoken and written in the UK, such as Welsh, Scots, Irish Gaelic and has a massive proportion of the population that contribute in non-English languages such as Russian, Polish and Hindi.
Is it the intention of the FDC to assess impact only against the English Wikipedia project, or to give the impression that any funding should be prioritized by Wikimedia UK to the English Wikipedia over all other projects? Thanks --Fæ (talk) 21:44, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for the comment, Fae. In answer to your question,
- This assessment was prepared by FDC Staff, and does not reflect the intentions of the FDC.
- This form is intended to assess this proposal with respect to the criteria stated, and should not be read as a prescriptive statement regarding how any entity prioritizes its funds.
- The context you have provided here may also be useful to the FDC. Thank you for your engagement.
- Cheers, Wolliff (talk) 19:59, 28 October 2012 (UTC)