Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2013-2014 round1/Wikimedia Israel/Progress report form/Q3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Comments from FDC staff on Wikimedia Israel’s Q3 report
- Thank you for this detailed report, with a lot of information about the many activities you did this quarter.
- Thank you also for sharing your success with Wiki Women and the work of your community coordinator. We are interested to learn if you do follow up work with the participants to see if they continue editing over time or attend future events, so we can better understand the longer term outcomes of this work.
- Thank you for the clear table with details about the results of your different editing workshops. It gave us a detailed picture of what is happening with each of your workshops and how that is contributing to the overall outcomes of these activities. We also appreciated the overview table you provided in the section on growth, which helped us better understand the cumulative results of your work.
- We are very interested in outcomes related to recruiting and reactivating volunteers. We are grateful that you are leading work in this area. As a leader, we encourage you to be attentive to documenting the results of your experiments in this area, as this learning may be critical to others.
- Thank you also for including information about the number of volunteer hours you are tracking, as well as your in-kind donations. That helps us get a better picture of how you are growing your resources.
- Thanks for your grant to support the wikisource community! We liked your plan to install the software at your office once the project is complete, so that volunteers will continue to have access to it.
Points for improvement
- The questions about what worked and what did not are important because they are an opportunity for your organization to tell us more about the specific lessons you learned doing each program. In future reports, we’d encourage you to share more in response to these questions.
- With so much activity happening, balancing detail with making sure your story is clear in your report will be an ongoing challenge. Tables like the ones you’ve used are a good step in that direction, and we encourage you to think of ways to continue to improve in this area. We understand it’s an ongoing challenge for many organizations, and particularly for Wikimedia Israel, since you have such a high level of program activity.
- Thanks for sharing images showing your activities with us as part of your report. Where applicable, we’d encourage you also to display content created through your projects, as we know you are doing a lot of great work related to quality content and we think that is something you can showcase even more!
Thank you for your Feedback
- We read your remarks and they will be taken under considartion in the coming reports.
- We already improved our follow up by adding a table to the meetup page. Each participant is invited to write her name next to an article she/he would like to expend. And last week we opened a beautiful portal page for WikiWomen.