Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2013-2014 round2/The Centre for Internet and Society/Progress report form/Q2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Comments from FDC Staff
- It's exciting to hear more about the Odia Wikisource going live from incubation! Congratulations to all involved in this effort.
- We were pleased to learn about content acquired this quarter, especially with the release of Kannada language books.
- We appreciated your learning around how to sustain initial interest and pair appropriate level of activity with partners, especially educational institutions where student enthusiasm runs high. We were pleased to learn of the customized plans that were developed. It will be interesting to follow this work moving forward.
- CIS has some strong partnerships that have resulted in content donations and new editors! We're curious to know more about the partnership with Karnataka Folklore University and what comes from that work.
Suggestions for future reports
- We kindly request that you share more in the future about how you build the Kannada Wikipedia community, and how you interpret your progress in this area.
- We are curious to better understand how you prioritize which books you'd like to see on Wikisource; we'd like to learn how that process happens.
- It would be wonderful to learn more about the Wikicamp held at Andhra Loyola College, especially because many in the movement are undertaking this kind of work. Feel free to simply link to another document if this is explained elsewhere.
- We are interested to know more about the Tulu Wikipedia program, especially around your learning that it is hard to motivate seasoned writers, and how A2K will continue to navigate this challenge.
- You mention CIS' multi-institutional partnerships; we would be interested in learning more in the next report.