Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2013-2014 round2/Wikimedia Norge/Progress report form/Q1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hi, due to extensive travelling at the end of the month, we will kindly ask for an extension of the deadline, to report during this weekend (1-2. November). Kind regards, 184.108.40.206 18:19, 31 October 2014 (UTC)
Comments from FDC staff on Wikimedia Norge’s Q1 report
- We appreciate that this report is frank and straightforward, and that you are willing to report against your goals and share both your successes and your challenges openly. This report is a good start to the 2014-2015 grant term!
- We are pleased to learn that the increase in pageviews continues.
- We are also excited to hear that you are making plans to increase your focus in coming quarters.
- We are encouraged to hear about all of the work you are doing to focus on female editors and gender-gap-related content gaps, as this seems like a strong area for potential growth.
- We are excited that your GLAM and partnership works appears to be on track, and we are eager to learn about your progress against the goals for number of articles and number of female editors recruited in future quarters.
- We’re glad to hear about your progress in communications, and hope it is achieving good results for your organizations.
- We appreciated learning about your challenges around raising funding, and how you’ve observed that you’ve had more success in the cultural sector than in receiving government funding. We look forward to seeing how you strategize in this area moving forward.
A few suggestions for future reports
- You mention, “ In the Q1, a total of 86 external participants took part in WMNO events, and it is not known how many of these had previous editing experience, and how many were total new to the project.” Let us know if you plan to track this information moving forward to better understand the outcomes of your events. We believe this information can be quite helpful to you as you learn from these events.
- You mention that “Even though marketing can still be improved, there seems to be a certain level of fatigue internally over the WLM.” We'd love to know how Wikimedia Norge changes its approach to photo competitions as a result of this learning.
- We appreciate your sharing the statistics about overall editor decline on your target projects with us. It is a challenge that is seen across many language Wikipedias. We're curious to know how Wikimedia Norge might be planning to shift its strategies as a result of the continuing decline, or whether you expect different results in future quarters with more activity. This is an area we're watching across many contexts.
- We'd love to know in future reports how you intend to make the Heritage Here program more effective moving forward. You note that it needs more traction, and we're curious to know how WMNO can play a role here.
- In future reports, please complete your table of expenses by providing the estimates in US dollars requested in those columns. This makes it easier for those looking at your report to understand your expenses. Thank you, Winifred Olliff (WMF Program Officer) talk 17:37, 20 January 2015 (UTC)