Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2015-2016 round1/Wikimedia Ukraine/Staff proposal assessment
Remarks concerning budget
Hi Winifred and thanks a lot for your feedback!
We would like to notice that budget comparison is not very accurate. In 2015 our budget was the following:
- CEE Meeting 2014 (actually received early 2015): 14,137.22 USD (incl. 8,082.22 USD directly to WMUA and remainder to WMPL as fiscal sponsor)
- Programs in Ukraine 2015-1: 20,851.00 USD
- Wiki Loves Earth 2015: 12,332.50 USD (incl. 4,202.00 USD directly to WMUA and remainder to WMPL as fiscal sponsor)
- Wiki Loves Monuments 2015: 8,019.00 USD
As far as I can guess, the figure of 33,183.50 USD is the sum of 20,851.00 USD for Programs in Ukraine grant and of 12,332.50 USD for Wiki Loves Earth grant, which is not quite correct. Depending on the approach you should get one of the following figures:
- Grants requested by WMUA in 2015: 20,851.00 USD (Programs in Ukraine) + 12,332.50 USD (Wiki Loves Earth 2015) + 8,019.00 USD (Wiki Loves Monuments 2015) = 41,202.50 USD
- Grant funds received by WMUA in 2015: 8,082.22 USD (CEE Meeting 2014) + 20,851.00 USD (Programs in Ukraine) + 4,202.00 (Wiki Loves Earth 2015) + 8,019.00 USD (Wiki Loves Monuments 2015) = 41,154.22 USD
In any case the sum of $33,183.50 and 126% growth is not quite accurate, and we should be more about 82% growth in grant funding.
Thanks in advance for the correction!
- Thanks, NickK. This is an important point. I'll have our finance team look into it and get back to you soon. Cheers, Winifred Olliff (WMF Program Officer) talk 04:42, 12 November 2015 (UTC)