Grants talk:IdeaLab/Adding Accessibility Features to Wikimedia Projects
@AndjelaM., Sakthi993, Kaartic, DrMel, and Nishantgadihoke: Hi folks, thanks for your interest in working on this idea. I've added some prompts to the page to request a little more detail about the project proposal here. I think the rationale behind the idea -- ensuring that our projects are readable to a wider audience, and adding features to increase that accessibility -- is well described. Here are the questions that still need to be answered at this point:
- What activities will be carried out in this project?
- How will those activities will help you achieve your stated goals?
- What specific outcomes do you expect will occur after you've completed the project?
- You've requested 600 USD of funding-- how will those funds be used? You can describe those costs under the Budget section.
- Scusate se scrivo in Italiano: Apprezzo molto il vostro sforzo di rendere i vari progetti Wikimedia più accessibili a persone che presentano vari disagi: anziani, non vedenti, ipovedenti, dislessici.
- Se non ho capito male voi siete specializzati per i dilessici. In Italia stiamo cercando di migliorare l'accessibilità soprattutto per i non vedenti/ipovedenti sia mediante sintesi vocale che con ingrandimenti. Molte delle soluzioni proposte sono utili anche ai dislessici. Teniamoci in contatto perchè possiamo aiutarci a vicenda.--Mizardellorsa (talk) 17:25, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
Project Grant proposal submissions due today!
Thanks for drafting your proposal for a Project Grant. Proposals are due today! In order for this submission to be reviewed, it must be formally proposed. When you have completed filling out the infobox and have fully responded to the questions on your draft, please change status=DRAFT to status=PROPOSED to formally submit your grant proposal. This can be found in the Probox template found on your grant proposal page. If you have already done this, thanks for your submission, and you should be receiving feedback from the Project Grants committee in the coming weeks. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 18:16, 14 March 2017 (UTC)
September 26 Proposal Deadline: Reminder to change status to 'proposed'
As posted on the Project Grants startpage, the deadline for submissions this round is September 26, 2017. To submit your proposal, you must (1) complete the proposal entirely, filling in all empty fields, and (2) change the status from "draft" to "proposed." As soon as you’re ready, you should begin to invite any communities affected by your project to provide feedback on your proposal talkpage.