Report ready for review?
Hello, Uzoma Ozurumba! It looks like this report is ready to be reviewed. If so, please change the status to 'Under review' and ping us at rapidgrantswikimedia.org. Also, please be sure to submit documentation of expenses from this grant, as we cannot move forward with any current Rapid Grant proposals until the reporting requirements have been met. Best wishes, Morgan Jue (WMF) (talk) 01:42, 5 September 2018 (UTC)
Hello Morgan Jue, Yes the report has been ready since, unfortunately I did not know I am to change the status, my apologies for this. I will notify Rapid grant as soon as possible. Best wishes, --Uzoma 16:02, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you, Uzoma Ozurumba! We appreciate your swift reply. Cheers, Morgan Jue (WMF) (talk) 19:22, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Hello Uzoma Ozurumba thank you so much for the work you've done on this grant report and this project overall. It was really great to look at the number of participants you were able to engage through this program. I especially enjoyed going through your project page and seeing the data on the episodes. I had a couple of follow up questions:
- What do you think was the reason for declining page views from the first episode?
- Why do you think the experimental version didn't work so well. Is it because listeners didn't want to participate as much on social media? Or the radio station didn't have as much presence on social media sites?
I'm sorry again for the inconvenience with the gift vouchers but thank you for making the effort to accommodate this request. I'm accepting both your expense documentation and final report. Please use the remaining funds for mission aligned activities. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 19:08, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Thank you WJifar (WMF) for these questions. For Question 1, I am really not certain what caused the constant decline in page views but some factors can be considered:
- The first episode aired on a public holiday in Nigeria and the other Mondays were not. So it recorded the highest number of listeners and participants
- Listeners schedule can also be another factor; this suggests that more listeners were free to participate in the first episode and were engaged and could not participate in the others.
- Internet connection and listeners having their devices handy can also be another factor.
For the second question like you said; I think the radio station does not have much presence on social media. Secondly, the airtime top-up reward maybe was not enough motivation for them; although I don't consider this as the main reason.
Having said the above, I would say it was a pleasure executing this project and thank you for the observation and questions.
--Uzoma 01:24, 8 September 2018 (UTC)