Grants talk:PEG/Harish Satpute/Hackathon IIT Bombay 2016/Report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hi Harish satpute. Thank you for this report and all your efforts to organize a very successful hackathon! We are happy to approve this report. We also have a few follow-up comments/questions and look forward to your responses:
- Congrats on a successful event and reaching (or surpassing) all of your goals. It’s great to hear that three solutions were developed to make content porting on Marathi Wikipedia easy!
- We are especially interested to know if you have any idea why the number of female participants was so much higher than you expected?
- Your idea to combine a mentor, group leader, senior editor and new editor in each group is great! It seems to have resulted in more successful projects. We’ll be sharing your experience with other grantees.
- You wrote that “most of the participant express themselves that they would like to start wikipedia orientation programs at their respective locations to increase technical outreach.” Do you know if any participants have organized these programs? Are active editors helping with these programs?
- Have you followed up with the students after the event? Have any continued to work on the projects?
- Thank you for the great infographics!
- What were the benefits of recording the event? Have the recordings been used?