Grants talk:PEG/Satdeep Gill/Punjabi Wikimedians Infrastructure Support
GAC members decisions
GAC members who support this request
- Do not hesitate to contact me or directly the Wikimedia France photography group photos at list.Wikimedia.fr if you have any question / need any help regarding the organisation of photographic events. Léna (talk) 16:25, 7 May 2016 (UTC)
- I think that the project should be supported: little funding but big potential for local wiki. I also suggest to add insurance expenses to the funds requested: that will prevent some possible risks of damage or loss rubin16 (talk) 17:43, 7 May 2016 (UTC)
- Reasonable budget worth the possible potential. Good luck!
— Danny B. 23:45, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
GAC members who support this request with adjustments
GAC members who oppose this request
GAC members who abstain from voting/comment
Hi Satdeep Gill, you have presented several interesting project ideas in this grant request that would benefit from a DSLR camera. In order to fund the request we will need to see more details about how and when the projects will be conducted. We have listed a few specific questions below:
- What is the timeline for the village photography projects? Will these trips require funding?
- Which Punjabi personalities will you photograph? Do you have a plan for how and when you will photograph them?
- Please be more specific about how the camera would be used in the GLAM project, and when the project is planned.
Please take a look at this sample equipment grant request. It includes links to equipment tracking systems, and shows insurance and other items that you should consider when developing your budget. Let us know if you have any questions. --KHarold (WMF) (talk) 22:31, 4 May 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Kacie, Here are the main points, we are planning to do-
- We are planning for next six months that we will cover the villages of our own district. For this we don't need any funds, We can do this on our own.
- We will photograph prominent Punjabi Personalities which will visit Punjabi University in near future and we will be visiting various Literary events as well.
- We are planning to start a GLAM project from the palace in Patiala (Which belongs to the Royal Family of Patiala). There are many Paintings and Pictures.
- Hi Kacie, Parveer has answered some of the questions here. I would like to add a few things here:
- We will be covering various villages of Patiala district on our own but we can think of planning some WikiExpeditions later on
- Our main focus will be on Punjabi artists and authors.
- We are planning to do the GLAM in June. If we can collaborate in a better, then maybe we will continue that after WikiConference India 2016.
The sample request is very helpful and we will make changes to our budget using this.
- Hi again, here is a detailed budget including insurance and other equipment:
- Canon/Sony DSLR - ~ 38,000 INR
- Sony 64 GB card - 2,200 INR
- 2-year accidental damage warranty - 4,100 INR
- Tripod - 2,000 INR
- Carry Bag - 2,000 INR
Total - 48,000 INR = 720 USD
I will buy the camera, store it with myself and maintain a log. Parveer Grewal will take care of the camera when I am busy and unable to coordinate with the rest of the community members. --Satdeep Gill (talk) 12:30, 8 May 2016 (UTC)
Hi Satdeep Gill and Parveer Grewal, thank you for responding to our comments and questions. We appreciate that you have shared additional details about your project plans and we look forward to seeing the images and articles created as part of this project. We are happy to hear that the sample request for equipment purchases was helpful for you. Our records show that you have 12,969 INR remaining from the grant for January 2016 Events and 3,701 INR remaining from the grant for Punjabi Wiki Workshop Chandigarh. The 16,670 INR remaining from those two grants will be deducted from the payment for this grant. Please let us know if you have any questions. Cheers, --KHarold (WMF) (talk) 18:19, 12 May 2016 (UTC)