Grants talk:PEG/UG KO/FANTasia Edit-a-thon/Report
Request to use remaining funds
We will use the remaining funds for Wikipedia 15 event.
Total: 3,000,000 KWR
- A start date: Depsember 1, 2015
- A completion date: January 31, 2016
Hi Motoko C. K.. Thank you for such a detailed and informative report! We apologize for the long delay in review. We really appreciate the time it takes to report and the lessons we learn and can share from them. Unfortunately, we've had quite a backlog of reports and are trying to catch up! The report is approved.
We have a number of comments/questions below and would appreciate your response.
- It sounds like you developed a really good partnership with SeMA -- the posters and promotional material were all beautiful!
- Great job on all the preparatory work. Encouraging attendees to sign up, draft articles, and prepare references ahead of time can really save time. And all of your project pages and article lists are very well organized.
- Many other groups have had problems with having articles deleted or Wikipedians thinking new editors are trolls. This year, the Art&Feminism team had people prepare their articles in draft space before moving them over to article space, which was helpful. It's also a good idea to reach out to several experienced Wikipedians who can help patrol articles after the event.
- We agree that it's a good next step to have a series of editathons to keep people engaged. Are you planning on doing this? Have you been able to follow-up with any of the participants? Thank you for doing a survey. It always helps to get feedback on an event.
- You had a lot of good learnings about how much information to include in an introductory workshop -- that will be helpful for future events!
- You had really great attendance. It's very normal to have about 30% of the people who sign up not come to the event, especially if they sign up on Facebook.
- We are very impressed with the high number of articles created/improved with a new group of editors. Do you think this is due to all of the preparatory work?
User:AWang (WMF), I am sorry that I am very late. Here are my answers.
- 4. This year, we are planing to hold a series of editathons for women, and it will be named "Wiki Welcomes Women." Do you think it is good?
- 6. I think it would be impossible without SeMA's help and our subject was attractive to women. We should discover new subjects for women.
- 7. Yes I do. I think that was because we requested to prepare drafts.