Grants talk:PEG/WM AR/Annual Program Plan 2012/Report/Q2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A few questions
Thank you for the report. We have a few questions and suggestions.
- Would you please provide a statement of impact for WikiGenero? You mention this event briefly in your report but we would like more details about its impact.
- Would you let us know what is included in the budget line "various expenses"?
- Regarding the QRpedia project in La Plata: did the museum fund this project? What was WMAR's involvement exactly?
- My responses:
- After WikiGénero, there were a series of talks between people involved in gender studies to follow the discussions raised in WikiGénero. There was a proposal to create a "network" of people interested in reducing the technological gender gap. Also, it was possible to organize a gender-focused meeting within the event organized by Wikimedia Argentina and the National University of Cuyo in Mendoza (presented in this report). Finally, Wikimedia Argentina is closing an agreement with Tierra Violeta, a gender-oriented organization, to borrow a DIY scanner so they can scan and upload public domain files related to gender issues. More info is available here.
- I've already asked the detail of that line to the accounting.
- Wikimedia Argentina and the UNLP have a signed cooperation agreement. Under this agreement, we proposed the idea to the museum and they accepted it. The project was "funded" by them, although it doesn't have a lot of expenses besides printing and installing the QR codes. It is just an exploratory project and we expect to develop the project as soon as possible. --Osmar Valdebenito, B1mbo (talk) 16:20, 25 September 2012 (UTC)
- About No. 2, it was a "mistake". The item is assigned as "various expenses" but it includes all the costs of the DIY scanners that are being borrowed to different institutions (one to the University of Buenos Aires and two to the National University of La Plata - SeDiCi and FACEHUMA). The cost includes:
- 6 Canon cameras per 6,294 ARS
- 6 acrylics 28x30 per 432 ARS
- Various expenses on Easy on May 7th, per 2385,40 ARS
- Varios expenses on Easy home center per 222,75 ARS.
- The costs includes the cameras, the acrylics and all the construction materials. You can take a look at the scanner given to SeDiCI: here. I corrected the original report. --Osmar Valdebenito, B1mbo (talk) 00:14, 26 September 2012 (UTC)