Grants talk:PEG/WM HU/Annual Program Plan 2012/Report/Q4
Questions about WMHU’s activities in 2012
Thank you for submitting your final quarterly activity report. Now that activity reports have been submitted for each quarter, we would like to get a better sense of how much of your planned activities you executed, so that we better understand practicalities and so that we all learn something from WMHU’s experience.
Please also remember that in order to complete this grant, WMHU will need to submit a complete financial report. This is not due until within 6 months of the completion of the fiscal year, although WMHU is of course welcome to and encouraged to submit an early report.
Thank you for taking the time to provide these details below. We look forward to reviewing them soon, Please contact us at grants at wikimedia dot org with questions at any time.
Activities mentioned in the annual plan but not in these activity reports
When comparing the content of your reports to WMHU’s program plan, we noticed that information was not included about the following activities. For each of those, would you please,
- Let us know whether or not these activities were completed.
- Share with us a brief description of these activities if completed.
- Share any lessons learned from these complete or incomplete activities. Specifically, for incomplete activities, what were the reasons they were not completed, or the obstacles to their completion?
- Competitions and programmes connected to other typical Wikipedia activities (thematic meetups)
- Involve the expert community in article assessment
- Improving WMHU’s Toolserver
- Community budget to support local meetups and events
- Surveys to measure editor satisfaction and events: If these were conducted, please do share the results!
- Drawing attention to editor trends: The project aims at acquainting the Hungarian community with the realities of editor decline through blog posts, data visualizations, wiki pages and by following and transmitting news of this topic.
- Summer of Research
- Model Creative Commons contracts
- Agreement with Arcanum
- Content donations from Hungarian institutions
- Monthly newsletter for supporters
- Social media presence
- Establishing contact with scientific and educational associations
- Conference in Szegad
- József Bokor Award
- Project managers: Were any needed?
- Online banking gateway
- Improve our CRM system
Partially completed activities from the annual plan
We also noticed that there were a few items that seem to have been completed partially:
- Professional presentations: It seems that 3 out of 4 planned presentations were reported. We aren’t sure if the 4th presentation was accomplished, but we would be interested to know if it was.
- Publications: It appears only 1 publication was mentioned and we are not sure if it was actually printed or not. Are we missing any details?
- Facilitating the creation of chapters in neighbouring countries: It seems that activities were conducted in Slovenia, Croatia, and Slovakia. Were any activities conducted in Romania, as planned?
- Booths at festivals: We see that WMHU had a presence at a book fair and at a free software conference. Were there other events?
- Legal fees: Were these needed?
- Travel: How did your planned travel budget match up your actual expenses? We realize that WMHU has distributed travel costs within some other line items, and also that travel for board members and non board members was calculated separately, so it is a bit difficult for us to understand whether the planned travel was utilized or not from reading this report.
- Meetups: there were several items in your annual plan related to meetups. Here is what we have understood:
- Frequent meetups: 2 chapter meetups were conducted
- Quarterly meetups: 6 meetups were conducted
- Community budget: it seems like no meetups matching this description were held
- Competitions and programmes connected to other typical Wikipedia activities: it seems like these were not conducted
- Is this understanding accurate?
Hi, those not mentioned in the activity reports are all got postponed to 2013. For a general explanation on our overly ambitious activity plan for 2012, see our FDC submission and the attached staff assessment. A number of activities were not possible due to the limited availability of some key members, no specific interest in either the wider membership or the general Wikipedia community, or either a change of circumstances or a reconsideration of feasibility and impact.
Regarding the partially completed activities; no event in Romania, no participation in any other event, legal fees were unused. Meetup numbers are all correct. About travelling, we spent most of the budget.
Overall, about 1/3 of last year's budget was not spent (5/14,85m forints) due to the above mentioned reasons.