Grants talk:PEG/Wikimedia TN User Group/Wiki Loves Earth Tunisia 2015/Report
Thank you Hamed gamaoun and Touzrimounir for your work on this project and the report. It is great to see that you have incorporated the lessons learned from this contest to plan a program to help your community improve the quality of photos.
- In what ways do you think the photo walks and final event benefited the contest or your community?
- The photos walks and the final event was a great opportunity to present Wiki Loves Earth and Wikimedia Tunisia and to talk about other activities of Wikimedia Tunisia, like Wiki Loves Monuments and wiki Loves Africa, also it helped us to get an easy access to the parks and dams in a group of persons with the authorization of the Tunisian authorities. I think it is an element of success for the competition .
- You say that 50 people participated in the contest, but in the global metrics table, there are 6 active editors and 35 new editors, for a total of 41 content participants. Which number is accurate?
- To be honest We don't know what you mean by active editors ? but 15 participants has an old account and 35 has a new account, 6 editors who are very active in Wikimedia commons and Wikipedia .
- The cost of the final event was 70% higher than what was included in the original budget. What caused the increase in cost? In the future you should request approval for anything that requires more than a 20% increase in spending.
- Sorry, We didn't know this information , It will be considered in future plans,We hope it is not a big problem with WMF ?.
- Do you have a sense of how many new editors from the contest are still active? Have you done any follow up with them?
- Yes, We have some participants that have participated in WLM and WALF. and some of them try to get some Quality images
- Using the GLAMorous tool, we see that the rate of distinct images in use is very low, at 1.75%. What will you do in the future to increase the number of images used on wiki projects?
- We found that the participants does not know how to edit Wikipedia and Wikimedia commons, although there are many photos that can be used in Wikimedia projects, also many articles are written only in french we need to translate article to Arabic and English, and it is The aim of the project Quality images training, We will help the users how not only uploading photos but also editing in Wikipedia . Also in the next WLE 2016, we will organize a workshop for participants how to putphotos in Wikipedia
Please let us know if you need clarification on these questions. We look forward to your responses, and will accept the report once we have an accurate number of total participants. --KHarold (WMF) (talk) 21:42, 12 December 2015 (UTC)
- We think it's clear now --Touzrimounir (talk) 20:18, 14 December 2015 (UTC) Hamed gamaoun (talk) 21:06, 14 December 2015 (UTC)
Hi Touzrimounir and Hamed gamaoun. Thank you for answering these questions. I have updated the numbers in the global metrics table to show that 50 people participated in the contest. We hope that you plan upload sessions and editing workshops as part of future photo contests. We are pleased at accept your report and look forward to working on the next request with you. Cheers, --KHarold (WMF) (talk) 23:06, 14 December 2015 (UTC)