Grants talk:Project/Daty: a delightful Wikibase frontend that makes editing a breeze
They will come in the morning as soon as I get in touch with So9q.
Yes, I meant the budget, it should be the only important thing still missing from the proposal.
I think it should be moved to the Software and Research proposals under review category; I would add it myself but I don't know its exact name.
Eligibility provisionally confirmed, Round 2 2021 - Research and Software proposal
We've provisionally confirmed your proposal is eligible for review in Round 2 2021 for Research and Software projects, contingent upon:
- confirmation that the project will not depend on staff from the Wikimedia Foundation for code review, integration or other technical support during or after the project, unless those staff are part of the Project Team.
- compliance with our COVID-19 guidelines.
Please note that due to unexpected delays in the review process, committee scoring will take place from April 17 through May 2, instead of April 9-24, as originally planned.
- Please watch your talkpage, which will be the primary method of communication about your proposal. We appreciate your timely response to questions and comments posted there.
- Please refrain from making changes to your proposal during the scoring period, so that all committee members score the same version of your proposal.
- After the scoring period ends, you are welcome to make further changes to your proposal in response to committee comments.
COVID-19 planning for travel and/or offline events
Proposals that include travel and/or offline events must ensure that all of the following are true:
- You must review and can comply with the guidelines linked above.
- If necessary because of COVID-19 safety risks, you must be able to complete the core components of your proposed work plan _without_ offline events or travel.
- You must be able to postpone any planned offline events or travel until the Wikimedia Foundation’s guidelines allow for them, without significant harm to the goals of your project.
- You must include a COVID-19 planning section in your activities plan. In this section, you should provide a brief summary of how your project plan will meet COVID-19 guidelines, and how it would impact your project if travel and offline events prove unfeasible throughout the entire life of your project.
We encourage you to make sure that stakeholders, volunteers, and/or communities impacted by your proposed project are aware of your proposal and invite them to give feedback on your talkpage. This is a great way to make sure that you are meeting the needs of the people you plan to work with and it can help you improve your project.
- If you are applying for funds in a region where there is a Wikimedia Affiliate working, we encourage you to let them know about your project, too.
- If you are a Wikimedia Affiliate applying for a Project Grant: A special reminder that our guidelines and criteria require you to announce your Project Grant requests on your official user group page on Meta and a local language forum that is recognized by your group, to allow adequate space for objections and support to be voiced).
We look forward to engaging with you in this Round!Questions? Contact us at projectgrants wikimedia · org.
Please complete request amount
Please fill in your proposal request amount by April 28, 2021. We cannot continue to review your proposal without a clear request, as I can't send your proposal to the committee to score without an amount.
- @So9q:, because we only give awards of up to $100,000 through Project Grants, this request as currently presented is not eligible for review. Either you will need to reduce your project budget, and corresponding scope of activities, to $100,000 or less, or alternately demonstrate that you have additional match funding from another source to fill in the remainder beyond $100,000 (e.g. $72,800) so that you could proceed with the proposed plan, if funded for $100,000 by the Wikimedia Foundation. Again, I cannot send this proposal to the committee to score until you have an eligible request tied to the proposal. Please email projectgrants wikimedia · org when you have updated your request accordingly. Marti (WMF) (talk) 05:22, 30 April 2021 (UTC)
Project ineligible for review
@So9q:, I regret to say that we will have to mark your proposal ineligible for review. Our program guidelines, as well as the email I sent you and the message on your talkpage, clearly state that we only award up to $100,000. You have not revised your budget to bring it down to $100,000, or alternatively demonstrated that you have matching funds from another source to complete the gap in your requested budget. We are not able to fund a project of this size through Project Grants, and because Committee Scoring has now finished, we can't wait any longer for revisions. We welcome another proposal from you in the future that falls within program eligibility guidelines.