Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Atudu/Wiki Loves Butterfly in North East India Part II (WLB-NEI-II)/Report
Hello Atudu, thanks so much for submitting this comprehensive grant report. We are really excited about the project outcomes and happy that you ran this project despite the COVID-19 and global lockdown.
- I like the way you put the details together. Thanks for sharing the stats and links for every number and fact, I really appreciate it. It supported the review process a lot.
- Thanks for all the amazing photos of butterflies from India! One question I have is about the identification and classification of these species. Who did support you in this process? Do you have researchers in your team specified in butterflies or you’ve done the classification with the help of your partner organizations?
- I’m also grateful for your active outreach activities, your fruitful partnerships, and the steps you took to create and improve valuable articles about the butterflies you photographed.
- As mentioned in the report, you have INR 54,548 (733.62 USD) of remaining funds. When do you plan to apply for a grant for another Wiki Loves Butterflies or other mission-aligned projects?
Thanks again for all the amazing work you’ve done and for your contributions to the Wikimedia projects. I have accepted the expense documents and final report. This grant is now complete! Please retain the remaining funds until you apply for another grant. Best regards, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 09:47, 15 January 2021 (UTC)
- Hi DSaroyan (WMF), Thank you so much for your nice feedback of our final report of Wiki Loves Butterfly in North East India Part-II and we all are highly encouraged to work with renewed zeal and vigor in our next part of the WLB Project.
Now, to respond to your question regarding the identification process and classification of butterfly species that we follow;
- We consult the good number of field guides and books on butterfly.
- To be sure of identification, we send our pictures to butterfly experts and resource person all over the country who promptly support us, some of them now have become Wikimedians. We do have butterfly experts and researchers in our team as well.
- We also take supportive help of the reputed Scientific bodies.