Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Files Linking in Wikitionary
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Comments from DSaroyan (WMF)
Comments from DSaroyan (WMF)
Sannu abubakr1111, thanks for submitting this Rapid Fund request. We have reviewed your grant application and we have a few questions:
- Could you please include a specific grant start and end date into the probox (right sidebar)?
- Do you have any women community members in the team? Have you discussed your idea with any women group before submitting this application? Please note that without women participation in the organizing/coordination team, we won't be able to move forward with the grant application.
- Please share the Risk Assessment tool document, so that it is accessible to everyone through the link.
- How many in-person events do you plan to run?
- What will be the locations of the in-person events?
- Do you plan to follow up with the participants after the events? If yes, how?
- How many T-shirts and Caps do you plan to create with 86,000NGN?
- How do you plan to track participants' contributions?
- How have you learned about Wikimedia Foundation Funds?
- Hello @DSaroyan (WMF)
- Thank you for spending your time to reviewed our proposal, below are the answers for the questions you asked.
- I have included the specific grants start date and end date into the probox.
- No, we don't have any women in the team, because we want to engage female editors in Hausa Wikitionary as we explained in the proposal.So we decided to change the project participation to both men and women as priority.that's we are engaging men and women.
- I have share the Risk Assessment tool document , so that it is accessible to everyone through the link.Please confirm if you can access it now.
- We planed to carry out two in person events:Day 1 will be training of new and existing editors on how to create words,link files(Audio and images),how to navigate across Wikimedia Commons to link files,and also How to use Audio templates and source editing, visual editing not working,all these processes are quite sure will be difficult to new users.
- Day 2 Will be contribution to Hausa Wikitionary for existing and newly editors.
- The in person events will take place in Kaduna South,Nigeria.
- We will create WhatsApp group to follow up the activities and to stay in touch with all the participants.
- We planned to create 10 Caps,10 T-shirts,the remaining funds goes for phamphlet, that's 30 phamphlet.Some Caps and T-shirts will be giving to top contributors.
- We will use WMF Hashtag tool to track their contributions.
- As an administrator in Hausa Wikitionary,I came across the Wikimedia foundation funds through Hausa Wikitionary community portal, that's when some editors are informing Hausa Wikitionary community members.So i read more about Wikimedia foundation projects.Abubakr1111 (talk) 11:36, 27 January 2022 (UTC)