Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Mounir/Wiki Loves Monuments 2016 in Tunisia/Report
Hi Touzrimounir thank you for submitting this report. There is some information missing from the report, and we have a few questions that we would like you to answer so that we can get a better understanding of how your community felt about the contest, and how the outcomes and activities relate to your expectations and past experience.
- Please list the number of images added to Commons as part of the contest.
- You didn't meet your goals for number of images in use from the contest - it would be helpful for you to explain why you did not meet this goal (was it too high, did people not know that this was a goal or did something else make it difficult to reach the goal). Is there something you would do differently next year relating to this goal?
- The report does not tell us much about whether this contest was a valuable activity for your community and if it is something that you think it is important to continue in the future. Can you tell us more about important or interesting things that you observed working on this contest?
If it is easier, you may answer these questions in French or Arabic - ultimately we would like this report to have information that will be useful for y our community if you decide to do WLM in 2017. --KHarold (WMF) (talk) 20:35, 5 January 2017 (UTC)
- Dear @KHarold (WMF):;
thank you for your questions and suggestion you find all answer below I hope you find everything clear I answer all question in english if my answer wasn't clear I will translate it to arabic
- I add the number of photos uploaded to the table, this year we have achieved the biggest number uploaded as part of wiki loves event
- This goles is the difficult goles for as, because all user don't know how to use photos in wikipedia or, next time we will train users to add photos in wikipedia
- Wiki Loves Monuments in Tunisia considered as the biggest event organised by wikimedia Tunisia, a lot of participants wait for the month september to upload new photos of monuments in wikimedia commons and GPS coordinates, the list of monuments of Tunisia increas evry year, now still more than 600 monuments without photos and and GPS coordinates , and the list of wikipedia is better than the list of Institut Tunisien of the patrimoin, next year if we will orgonise the event in Tunisia we will focus at the list of Kassrin and kef, because we have identified the GPS coordinates of all monuments, and we will try to organise the event in Libya --Touzrimounir (talk) 20:22, 8 January 2017 (UTC)
Hello Touzrimounir. Thank you for answering our questions. We will accept this report, but I wanted to ask how have you been able to engage the new users from since the contest? Could you also re-send the documentation of expenses from this project? We'll be able to close out this grant once this has been received. Thank you for your work for the movement! Morgan Jue (WMF) (talk) 18:33, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
- Dear Morgan Jue (WMF)
I Send the documentation now to you, If you receive it please let me know, about users, I talk always with him about wikimedia and wikipedia, I invite him for event about wikipedia and wikimedia for example, we have 10 users attend the last meeting of the user group, other attended workshops about wikipedia. sorry I have edit with the account of my wife ( we use the same laptop) --Touzrimounir (talk) 19:38, 22 March 2017 (UTC)