Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Photo Tour of Urban Green Spaces in Lagos State
Comments from DSaroyan (WMF)
Hello ReoMartins, thanks for submitting this grant request and for your contributions to Wikimedia projects. I have reviewed your application and would like you to respond to some questions:
- Could you please provide the list of urban green spaces in Lagos that you plan to photograph during the photowalks? Additionally, please provide the list of articles you plan to illustrate.
- You mentioned that you would partner with organizations involved in urban green space management and environmental protection. Please provide more information about these partners and your planned collaborations.
- What’s the need for having 5 participants during the photowalks? How will you select potential participants?
- With having five participants traveling to the same locations, there is a risk you will take photos of the same objects. How will you plan the photowalks, so that the participants don’t take duplicate or repetitive photos?
- Do you have any experience in running similar photowalks? Who will be leading the training on Wikimedia Commons?
- Why do you need 5 days of accommodation? Could you please name the locations you plan to travel and stay at night?
Hello DSaroyan (WMF), thank you for raising your concerns, they are addressed below.
- Green spaces in Lagos that this campaign plan to photograph include but not limited to Muri Okunola Park, Johnson Jakande Park, Freedom Park, M.K.O Abiola Park, The Garden Ikoyi, Lekki Conservation Center, LUFASI Nature Park, Ndubuisi Kanu Park, Gberefu Island, Agege Stadium, Jibowu Park, Lagoon Front, Alao AKA Bashorun Park, Costain Park, Jhalobia Park & Gardens, Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ikorodu Recreational Park, Remembrance Arcade, Tinubu Square, Alfred Rewane Gardens, Falomo Garden, Osborne Park, Dr Oluyomi Finnih Park, LASU Epe Park and Ikeja Golf Club. Articles would be created for parks that are not on Wikipedia, so long they meet the requirements. Articles that also need modification and pictures inclusion will also be identified and fixed. We would also upload pictures to the articles of the towns hosting these parks.
- Organizations in urban green space management we plan to partner with include Center for Ethics and Sustainable Development, Sustyvibes, Save the City Initiative and Green Fingers Wildlife Initiative. We plan to intimate and train them to become volunteers on Wikipedia and also contribute their knowledge on sustainable development and environmental issues to open source.
- Five participants/volunteers will be needed for the photowalk to reduce the workload and manage time as we have limited time to cover a wide aspect of Lagos State. Three skilled photographers who would work as volunteers would be selected from the community to join the two project leads.
- Going on the photowalk, the selected participants would be skilled photographers who can take quality pictures at different but specific angles and perspectives. Perspective pictures are needed when photographing places of a large land area for actual representation of these parks.
- Yes I was a part of the Wiki Loves Africa Campaign of February 2020, with UNILORIN Wikimedia Fan Club as an executive which featured a photowalk and I was also responsible for uploading more than 300 pictures taken at Wikipedia 20th Birthday Celebration held in Ilorin, Nigeria. I will be responsible for leading the training on Wikimedia Commons.
- For security reasons and ease of transit in covering different parts of Lagos, volunteers will not be able to return home in the process of this campaign, hence the accommodation for the period of this campaign would be necessary. The locations we plan to stay at night are Ikeja, Lagos Island, Badagry, Lekki and Epe.
Thank you. Regards.
Due to some issues with accessing the grant fund, I would love to extend the end date of this project until November 30th. This will give more time to carry out the project, complimenting lost time. ReoMartins (talk) 10:11, 3 October 2021 (UTC)
- Hello ReoMartins, thanks for submitting your grant extension request. I have reviewed and formally approved it. The new grant end date is November 30, 2021, and the final report is due on December 30, 2021. Best regards, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 07:45, 4 October 2021 (UTC)
Further Extension Request
Due to issues encountered with accessing funds, I'll like to further extend the deadline for this project till February 12. The funds for this project just arrived, so actions will follow up immediately. Thank you for your consideration. ReoMartins (talk) 06:12, 9 December 2021 (UTC)