Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Ross.Patrick/Trainings et Editathons Au CEBELAE/Report
Bonjour Ross.Patrick, thank you for submitting this final report. It was interesting to read this final report and learn about the project outcomes. Thank you for planning and running this series of events at CEBELAE. We are grateful for your contributions as a teacher and Wikimedia organizer! I have some questions and comments after reviewing the report:
- I’d like to commend you on your careful and thoughtful approach to the participants and editing process. I’m glad to learn that no articles were deleted and no participant got frustrated.
- In the report you mentioned that two people aged 56 and 61 needed more assistance. Could you please elaborate on the type of assistance they needed?
- When reviewing the list of created articles, I noticed that some of them are about African cuisine. Was this intentional? Did you offer the list of articles to create and edit?
- In the grant proposal you mentioned that you would use #EditathonsAuCEBELAE hashtags to promote the event. Did you promote the event using this hashtag?
Thanks again for all your efforts and dedication. I’m happy to accept the final report and expense documents for this project which means that the grant is now complete. Best wishes, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 09:26, 5 May 2021 (UTC)
Bonjour DSaroyan (WMF) et merci pour tes mots si encourageants.
- Yes, these seniors often have difficulty using a computer because they cannot read the small print on the screen and also lack experience (and were used to using Arabic keyboards for one and English for the other). So, we reinstalled the operating software on the computers and everyone in the room helped them when needed. It was a moment where we really experienced altruism and living together.
- In our project, we mentioned that we intend to talk about African cultures. When I told my learners that we were going to write about our cultures, the vast majority suggested that we write about cooking. This was a discovery and a journey for everyone. At the end of the training, we had a meal together where everyone brought some of the food we had written about.
- Yes the promotion of the event was done using this hashtag.
It was for my students and me a first experience of trainings and editathons. This first time not only confirmed me that I did not make a mistake in my choice of profession but also and above all the Wikimedia Foundation offers me the possibility to impact more people by gathering them around a common ideal.
I want to tell you DSaroyan (WMF) and the whole foundation how important these moments in community are, especially during this health crisis. For a moment, we put aside the difficulties and we contribute at the same time to the expansion of free knowledge.
I hope I answered your questions. If you have any other questions, comments or recommendations, I am at your disposal.