Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Tochi Precious/Wikipedia Nigerian Women in Politics Edit-a-thon
Comments and Questions from I JethroBT (WMF)
Hi Tochiprecious, and thanks for your proposal to run a series of editathons focused on translating and developing articles on women in politics on Igbo Wikipedia. It's great to see interest in improving in this topic area. Thanks also for letting us know the support you are receiving from other Igbo Wikipedia volunteers. I have some questions about the proposal before I can make a decision about funding:
- Under the Impact section, you wrote that the project will involve 10 participants but 20 new editors. Typically, participants refers the total number of people involved with the project, and in this case, the total number of people participating in your events. Given that you expect 20 new editors, the number of participants should be higher. Could you revise the number of participants based on your expectations for the total number of people who attend these five events?
- I have some suggestions about the budget for the T-shirts in the grant. In our guidelines related to merchandise, we can't provide funding for more expensive merchandise, like T-shirts, to be distributed to all event participants. However, lower cost items like stickers and pins are acceptable. Alternatively, a small number of T-shirts can be distributed to recognize exceptional volunteer contributions, like those helping you with the event. In this case, it would be appropriate to budget for four (4) t-shirts for the volunteers who you've named to help manage the event. Can this budget item be changed?
- Where will these edit-a-thons be taking place?
- Can you provide two or three examples articles that you plan to translate or develop for Igbo Wikipedia?
- Can you describe how you arrived at the USD $210 per event estimate for your food budget? Is there a vendor or caterer where the costs are provided that you can point me to?
Hello I JethroBT (WMF), thank you so much for your Suggestions.
- Under the Impact section, I meant a Minimum of 10 Participants per Event. I will revise the total Number.
- Yes the T-shirt item could be changed. But may I also suggest giving 2 new highest Editors T-Shirts per Event instead of those helping to manage the Event. This will promote transparency, encourage them and also make the others willing to contribute more.
- The Edit-a-thons will be taking place in Enspire Incubator. They offer Co-working spaces at good Prices.
- I plan to translate Articles on Women Politicians such as: 1. Sarah Jibril, former Special Adviser to the Presidency and former Presidential Canditate.
2. Fatimat Raji-rasaki, Senator in the 8th National Assembly from Ekiti Central. 3. Nkechi Nwogu, former member of the Federal House of Assembly. 4. Zainab Kure,former Member of the Federal House of Assembly.
- The Event will begin in the Morning and end by late Afternoon.That means it will last for 5 hours. The $210 includes Tea break and Lunch per Event. I got a Quotation from a Vendor per Event. I would scan it and send to you via Email. Please kindly drop me your Email Address.
- @Tochiprecious: Thanks for your response Tochi, and my apologies for my delayed response as I was traveling for work in the past week. Because the events are longer, it is understandable that your food budget is a higher than usual, and it won't be necessary to send us a quote from the vendor. Thanks for clarifying this detail. The only thing I'll need you to do is adjust the budget for T-shirts to the cost of (2) t-shirts as you have suggested. Once this has been done, I can approve the proposal. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 18:16, 6 June 2018 (UTC)