Grants talk:Project/Rapid/UniStu Love Wiki - August
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Comments from DSaroyan (WMF)
Hi magotech, thanks for submitting this Rapid Grant request. After reviewing it, I have some questions and comments:
- You mentioned that you would have a panel of three to five judges who would judge the contest. Could you please indicate their usernames?
- Will you have any other experienced Wikimedians who will be supporting you during the events? Could you please add their usernames?
- Do you expect to have the same 20 participants in each event?
- We think that food and drink costs are high, kindly reduce this amount.
- Prize budget is also high, especially, given that you also plan to reimburse participants' travel costs. Please reduce this budget to 200 USD.
- Why do you propose to rent a camera?
- Hello DSaroyan (WMF) thanks for reaching out.
- So far I have three confirmed judges (i) Idd ninga (ii) Caliben (iii) Olimasy
- Yes we will have other experienced Wikimedians who will be supporting us during the events. We are planning on inviting the following users to our events ( Kipala, Jadnapac and Rwebogora. However, the list might enlarge depending on the confirmation of more users.
- No, we don't expect to have the same number, the number will vary from events (We project to have more participants in the second and third events mostly new members).
- The food and drinks costs have been reduced to the minimum.
- The prize budget has been reduced and modified as instructed.
- We propose on renting a camera for the purpose of taking pictures and preparing short promotional video clips which are to be used on promoting UniStu Love Wiki program as it is still a new program to many and it needs online presence.